Thread: WMP9

Default WMP9

I am still having trouble seeing a good deal of the videos on one of my computers. I have installed WMPV9 and have reinstalled it again recently, but the pictures still come through with lines and strange colors in it.

Do you have any idea as to how I could overide or reinstall the codecs if this is indeed the problem. I think I caused this some time ago before i downloaded ver9 and had to seek out my own codecs to view some videos.

any thoughts or help would be appreciated
    The tale of my death has been greatly exagerated

Blog Entries

I had the exact same problem about a year ago - colours all washed out in WMV9. The cure for me would have been a complete re-install of the OS! Given that Media Player is so integrated in windows, it;s a complete bugger to uninstall completely and start from scrath (can be done, but can't remember how!)

Try this as a start:
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/1071854806

Try running this from the start menu->run command RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

Default Thanks

I ran the command line in the quote attached, that rolled me back to the version before WMP9. The restarted / reinstalled / restarted

Did not work though - I will now take a look at what the link you gave me has to offer. Thanks!!

Does anyone out there know how to uninstall the operating sysytem (WIN XP) without wiping all other files on the computer. I am sure there must be a way but have never done it
    The tale of my death has been greatly exagerated

Blog Entries

There's a few options:

1) A Dirty Install of the OS - re-install the OS in the current directory on the current partition, without deleting. Not recommended

2) Install the OS in a new directory on the current partition. Not recommended.

3) Use a partition manager such as partition magic to create a new partition and install the OS on this. Risk of data loss in creation of new partition.

However, the best way is to back up your essential data to disc, format and reinstall.

WAIT!!! Before u reformat...give WMP 10 Beta a try...my WMP9 was corrupt and wouldnt work so i got 10 Beta and now it works like a charm

EDIT: heres the link http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx
    2.6b at 3.3
    1 gig of OCZ Platinum Limited Edition PC3200(2-2-2)
    Abit IC7
    Seagate 80gb sata
    Aspire X-Alien
    460W Enermax
    9800 Pro
    SP-94 with Tornado

Panasonic GS200 on its way with:
    3 DV Tapes, Tripod, Bag, Telephoto Lens, Lens Cleaning Kit