Thread: White Balance, Reflection, Etc.

Default White Balance, Reflection, Etc.

So I took a video of a stage performance last night and I was looking at it and it's just crazy bright. The stage lighting from above makes everyone look super white and then ontop of it there are some robot (costumes) on stage that just look like glowing points - it's kinda cool. But what would be even better is if I could cut out part of a histogram or something! so that I could actually see WHO was in the video.

I have Adobe CS3 Master Collection (university).

Thanks in Advance!

It is going to be hard since it is in your originally footage, but you could try some colour correction to see if it gets better, next time use some compensation light in your shooting .

I'll play around with it. In the future you said to use some light compensation, what do you mean? I'm subbing in on this position b/c the guy that's supposed to be doing this isn't. I'd like to be able to tell the guy that takes over for me.

you say it was too bright, so if your camera has a fast button for light compensation use it or set other lights to compensate it, or use manual controls to see if you can get over it .
    The automatic won't work properly for sure .

You need to use manual exposure on your camcorder (if it has it) the next time you have a lighting situation such as this. The auto exposure on your camcorder will boost the lighting and overexpose the brightest parts of the video effectively 'burning' them out. When this happens it is impossible to recover details as this data is lost but strangely enough if your video was underexposed (too dark) the detail is there and can be recovered.