Thread: Help !!! - video format issue

Default Help !!! - video format issue

Hi y'all ...

I am very new around here and I have a bit of a problem

I have a avi file that is rendered at 720X480 16X9 that I am trying to get on a DVD playable by a standalone player ... the process that I have been using is "correct" but the video plays at a reduced size

I need to have this for a presentation on Saturday- Any proceedures on what I can do to get this in a correct format for DVD disk at full screen ?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nomad469 View Post
    Hi y'all ...

I am very new around here and I have a bit of a problem

I have a avi file that is rendered at 720X480 16X9 that I am trying to get on a DVD playable by a standalone player ... the process that I have been using is "correct" but the video plays at a reduced size

I need to have this for a presentation on Saturday- Any proceedures on what I can do to get this in a correct format for DVD disk at full screen ?
    What s/w are you using? Ive had this problem loads of times.

Premiere CS3 ( my 2nd time actually using the product ... )

I'm probably not understanding this question.

Sounds like you want to create a standard def dvd with 16:9 aspect ratio.

Base file for dvd creation is mpeg2 - preferred or best resolution is 720X480.

Aspect Ratio shouldn't be an issue so long as the dvd authoring program allows for widescreen 16:9.

I use DVDitPE.

So if I'm understanding the question (not being the brightest bulb in the string) shouldn't you first render or transcode your avi to mpeg2 and then open it in authoring software and use project settings for 16:9 widescreen and then create chapter menu (if you plan on having one) and then tell it to create the dvd disc or dvd folder?

I've used DVDit for both 4:3 and 16:9 authoring and never had a problem with the size of image changing.