Thread: Need some help / Question

Default Need some help / Question

Ive never edited anything or have the first clue about doing it and could use some pointers.

I have some DVD's (MMA/UFC DVD's) that consist of indivdual fights, so what I'd like to do is rip the DVD's then edit them so each fight is a single file that i can put into a database on my computer to watch at lesiure without trawling through each DVD.

So really i could use some pointers in

Any advice on ripping DVD's
    What editing program would best suit what i want to do?
    Are there any issues im overlooking?
    Is it even possible?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

p.s. sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

Sounds like the dvds you want to dis-assemble are commercially produced dvds which, of course, have copy protection encryption.

While all that you want to do is simple and easy this particular forum frowns on any posting re defeating proprietary owner's copy protection.

Do a google search for DVDShrink or DVDfabHDDecrypter and you will find forums and sites that will answer your questions.
    goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by imjay View Post
    Sounds like the dvds you want to dis-assemble are commercially produced dvds which, of course, have copy protection encryption.

While all that you want to do is simple and easy this particular forum frowns on any posting re defeating proprietary owner's copy protection.

Do a google search for DVDShrink or DVDfabHDDecrypter and you will find forums and sites that will answer your questions.
    goodluck
    Cheers mate, a nod in the right direction.

I wasn't even sure if this was the right fourm, i just serched editing and this one and this came up. I'll have a look at what you suggested, Cheers.