Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuzzy text

Question Fuzzy text

The text in my Titles are fuzzy. I've tried black text on white background and the reverse. They both look fuzzy. What can I do? Here's where you can see my videos: YouTube - susanirelandresumes's Channel.

Any help is appreciated. I'm working on a video that's all scrolling text (a resume for George Costanza) and it's pretty much unreadable. How can I correct this?

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0.

Many thanks,
    Susan
    sireland1@aol.com

You have two options, choose another font and also use remove flicker i think it will do the trick .

Default Where's Flicker?

Thanks for the advice. Can you please tell me where I find flicker so I can turn it off? Thanks, Susan

Right click on the clip on the timeline and select 'Field Options'/ 'Flicker Removal'
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Default Didn't work

I found the flicker and removed it but the text didn't change. It's still really fuzzy. I'm using Ariel, which should be a clear font. Any other suggestions? -- Susan

Hi, I had a look at the text on your video and I believe it is just the way YouTube compress your video down. The quality of the text has taken a 'hit' and you can see it especially on letters such as the lowercases 's', 'a', 'e', and 'i'. This is being caused by YouTube and I don' think there is anything you can do to improve the qiuality of the lettering. You could try making the text larger, but that would take up more of the screen.

Try using light colored bold letters on a dark background.

Are you getting that fuzzy effect only in youtube or you can see it inside adobe premiere ? If it is only in youtube than there's not much you can do except trying to use a larger font like Nikosony said .

Default Fuzzy on Premiere Elements

It's fuzzy in Adobe Premiere Elements, both in the large and small editing screens. I changed the font but that didn't help at all.
    Susan

I don't see a huge problem with the text on the YouTube link, maybe just my monitor.
    What resolution is your monitor Susan? I don't do anything under 1280 x 1024 anymore, my work desktop is set to 1680 x 1050.

There are a few people at muvipix that use Premiere Elements for professional presentation work, maybe they would be of help to you.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast