Thread: My first post! :-)

Default My first post! :-)

Well... I'm a n00b here but feel like I should've been a member a long time ago. I use Adobe Premiere to edit all my videos and just recently upgraded my camera to the Canon HV30. Here's a link to my first video created using HD footage:

Also, feel free to check out some of my older stuff. If I had to choose just one though, I'd probably pick:

Thanks for watching!
    Last edited by clanmccloud; 04-14-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Nice use of natural framing. A lot of video's lack that.

oh. and welcome to the forum
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thanks for the compliment. And... I'm happy to be here!

that hv30 looks nice... I think it might be at the top of the shortlist for my new cam.

I'd like to hear how you settle in with it...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOneMusic View Post
    that hv30 looks nice... I think it might be at the top of the shortlist for my new cam. I'd like to hear how you settle in with it...
    Yeah, so far so good. It's leaps and bounds better than the old JVC I've been using for the past 5 or so years. :-P Over the weekend I shot some footage at a local petting zoo. I haven't uploaded it anywhere yet, but I kept the footage raw. No color correction, no lenses, filters, etc. I'll post a link here so you can see some "out-of-box" results.

Blog Entries

Some thoughtfull shots in there. Some of the exposure was a bit wonky maybe - I tht the subject may have benefitted from some more exposure in places.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Some thoughtfull shots in there. Some of the exposure was a bit wonky maybe - I tht the subject may have benefitted from some more exposure in places.
    You've definitely got a point there. The raw footage is pretty bright. I actually did some color correction to darken and muddy the video on purpose. Wanted to give it that "matrixy" look.

Quote Originally Posted by clanmccloud View Post
    Over the weekend I shot some footage at a local petting zoo. I haven't uploaded it anywhere yet, but I kept the footage raw. No color correction, no lenses, filters, etc. I'll post a link here so you can see some "out-of-box" results.
    Well, I uploaded the footage here:
    As I said earlier, this footage wasn't adjusted at all. It has been compressed though so the actually footage is much cleaner and sharper. Other than that, WYSIWYG. I gotta warn you though... since the footage is raw, it's pretty boring.