Thread: Jaggies in Premiere 6.5

1. Default Jaggies in Premiere 6.5

I'm capturing DV from two different camcorders both PAL (a Sony VX2100 and a Sony HDR-HC7) into Premiere 6.5. I thought I'd set all the Project settings correctly, but I just keep getting jaggies on any sideways movement (it's 7 hours of surfing footage and there's a lot of panning etc!).

Probably naively, I thought I could drag clips to the timeline and render the project to smooth it out. What's even more annoying, is that sometimes I open the project and the capture is quite smooth (i.e. I never noticed the jaggies yesterday and today it's so poor that I don't want to capture anything).

My PC is brand new (Dell XPS) with ample power and space and I've defragmented the HDs.

Is this a resolution issue with the monitor? Not wanting to sound lazy, but can jaggies get sorted out at time of Exporting the project?

Thanks for ANY help in advance!

You should not see jaggies on a interlaced television, you will see jaggies when using progressive scan, like a computer screen. To avoid the jaggies you need to deinterlace the footage Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more