Thread: uBoast.com

Default uBoast.com

uBoast.com is a brand new venture creating Job Applicant and Employer community. The job applicant and employer profile pages are enhanced with Video Profiles.

uBoast.com is looking for videographers, video editors, and more insight into the industry. If you would like to assist or become part of the team, please visit uBoast - Revolutionizing the World of Recruiting

Blog Entries

I can think of nothing worse than a video CV. When you consider having a photograph on a CV is somewhat laughable (or at least certainly in the UK), I honestly can't see an advantage to this.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 04-09-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: ammended a double negative

Default more please

Finally some real feedback. When you have a minute could you iterate your concerns or negative feelings to creating video profiles to expedite the recruiting process by showing an employer a candidate's professionalism and communication abilities (factors that a recruiter will have to come to terms with at some point in the hiring process).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uBoast View Post
    Finally some real feedback. When you have a minute could you iterate your concerns or negative feelings to creating video profiles to expedite the recruiting process by showing an employer a candidate's professionalism and communication abilities (factors that a recruiter will have to come to terms with at some point in the hiring process).
    I think that's my concern - the interview process is where all of this takes place. It's the opportunity to see how a potential employee would fit into a proposed role. It's not scripted, and it's certainly not about how 'good' you are in front of a camera. In many respects getting a job can be about how good you are in an interview, but it's how your CV looks (essentially your experience) that gets you to the next stage. In my experience, CVs are a great way of QUICKLY eliminating people. I don't think this can be done by watching videos, and it would become an exercise in chosing someone that looks good in front of a camera. Sure, it may be able to site inbetween the interview and the CV, but it won't say add anything in my opinion (other than offer a few laughs).