Thread: News Ticker In Premiere/After Effects Like on CNN/Fox/MSNBC?

Question News Ticker In Premiere/After Effects Like on CNN/Fox/MSNBC?

Hey all, As per all the national news networks, they carry a small ticker often at the bottom of the screen listing the various stock quotes, latest news and other bits of trivia. I'm interested in making a video-podcast in a news related format. It would really add some punch to have a ticker at the bottom with my own newsfeed. Have any of you attempted this before? I tried googling for tutorials or plug-ins, but they seemed few and far between. Any pointers? Thanks in advance!

The cable news networks use a text feed from a separate program and hardware specifically for broadcasting, they (and the software) are not cheap. You can fake it by using a scrolling title in Premiere and placing it at the bottom of the screen.

Here is one example of a tool that is used to do this professionally
    Video Design Software | Broadcast Graphics Automation | News
    There are many more out there.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Thank you Chuck for the prompt reply. We plan to deploy our video in a static only format such as youtube and other video sharing sites. At the moment, we aren't planning on broadcasting live as the networks do. Separate hardware and a mysql database, that's a bit above our budget! We're just looking for a simple plugin/tutorial for Premiere or After Effects, should one exist. If not, we can revert to the suggestion you made regarding the scrolling text. Thanks once again.
    Last edited by ghr; 04-09-2008 at 06:58 PM.

A simple Scrolling Title in Premiere will do the trick for what you need.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Ya I struggled with the ticker too. I think I'm gonna work on a script. There doesn't seem to be anything out there.
    However, If you need a great super-realistic CNN template, please check out the one I put together

Hi,

would you be able to upload your sample once more? Presently your sample as posted here does note seem to be availabla any more,
    Thxs,
    Koen