Thread: Hdv To Dv

Cool Hdv To Dv

Hi everybody i am new here but i've been in some another forums and i haven't got the answer yet to solve my problem that i hope someone here can help me .

I have a canon hv20 and i shoot at high definiton and import it with hdvslpit and then import it to adobe premiere cs3 and do what i have to do and export it using
    the fallow settings :

First to dv avi :

File export movie :
    Settings :
    Filetype : Microsoft DV Avi
    Millions colors
    720x576 (this is pal and not ntsc) you get 480 on ntsc
    Frame rate : 25
    pixel aspect ratio :
    D1/Dv pal widescreen 16:9(1.422)
    Quality : high
    Recompress : on
    Deinterlance : on
    Bit depth : maxium

Second setting :

export adobe media enconder :
    mpeg2-dvd
    Pal high quality
    quality : 5
    tv standart : Pal
    field order : lower
    Pixel aspect ratio : widescreen 16:9(1.422)
    bitrate : vbr, 2 pass
    Deinterlade is on
    and that's about it .

but my exported video is not good , it trembles and has some artifacts , it looks like if i had a transparent plastic bag in front of my video .
    The m2t file looks very nice only the dv avi or mpg-2 don't .
    I use the maxium bit rate (8 or 9) i tried both but it's useless .

Can someboy help me ?
    Thanks.

How are you capturing your HDV video? What s/w and what settings? Also, what are your project settings and which preset did you use in Premeire?

Cool

Thanks for your help .
    I'm capturing my HDV video using HDVSLIPT and after i watch it with vlc or windows mwdia player and it looks alright .
    I choose HDV 1080i25(50i) as preset . My project settings are according to the preset .

" What s/w and what settings? " I'm sorry but i don't know what s/w is.

Yesterday i export it to mgp2-bluray and it looked ok, but to mpg-2 or dv avi it doesn't, i even tried to do that in another computer with a new installation of adobe premirer but i got the same .
    Thanks for your help .

Quote Originally Posted by RDINIS View Post
    Thanks for your help .
    I'm capturing my HDV video using HDVSLIPT and after i watch it with vlc or windows mwdia player and it looks alright .
    I choose HDV 1080i25(50i) as preset . My project settings are according to the preset .

" What s/w and what settings? " I'm sorry but i don't know what s/w is.

Yesterday i export it to mgp2-bluray and it looked ok, but to mpg-2 or dv avi it doesn't, i even tried to do that in another computer with a new installation of adobe premirer but i got the same .
    Thanks for your help .
    s/w = software.

Well, it sound slike it;s your final export that producing video at a lesser quality than you would like but you have quoted just about all settings used except how you did the export from CS3.

I do not use CS3. I'm still using Premiere Pro v2. I edit HDV (1080 50i) all the time and usually just use the standard 'Adopbe medi encoder and choose formaty MPEG2-DVD and one of the VBR high quality presets. I have to admit, I'm no stickly for ultimate quality on my DVD (for my kid's basketball games) but I'm happy enough with the results.

For ulitimate quality though, you are always best to export a lossless format from CS3 and then get soem 'serious' MPEG encoding s/w.

If your final export is to be SD then you need to downconvert to SD from the camera during capture. Yes, this may mean you need to capture twice if you final format is both BluRay and SD but that is the way it goes with HDV at the moment. There is a good post at muvipix on downconverting with the HV20
    muvipix Forum • View topic - Best settings and capture for HV20 for SD delivery?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

I'll take a look at that.
    Thanks .