Thread: DVD Copying Security?

Default DVD Copying Security?

Do most softwares editing/dvd creators come with the option of security coding to your dvd? not sure if thats the wording for it but I wanted to make sure that you can not copy them. i know theres always a way but just to make it harder you know...

also if that is all possible when i mass produce the dvd how will i be able to burn the dvds off the master copy and them still able to have that coding in it??

Im a total newb, so if im not being clear tell me... ask me/ help me pleassee!!

Blog Entries

From experience, most DVD editing software come with macrovision that allows you to protect your content. However, I've just done some googling and several sources indicate that you can't apply this to a writable DVD. Crazy. To take advantage of this when DVDs, I understand that you would need to apply this by replication... not really very cost effective until a run in the 1,000s.

I recall that Sonic's DVDitPE does have copy protection encryption capability for you writable project authoring.

BTW - GREAT dvd creation software. My older version does not include encryption but the newer versions do it well.

PROBLEM is you not being able to use consumer copy programs to make multiple copies.

For a few copies, no problem, just tell DVDitPE how many copies you want and it will make them at time of dvd program creation. Or course, if you really want mass production just have a pro duplication shop do the job. Whacky for an individual to try to make hundreds of distribution copies.
    goodluck
    Last edited by imjay; 04-13-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    From experience, most DVD editing software come with macrovision that allows you to protect your content. However, I've just done some googling and several sources indicate that you can't apply this to a writable DVD. Crazy. To take advantage of this when DVDs, I understand that you would need to apply this by replication... not really very cost effective until a run in the 1,000s.
    yep your right Marc, I talked to a replication plant awile back and was told the reason, if you had the ability to code CSS/macrovision you would also have the ability to code software to crack it. But we all know they have already cracked it so css/Macrovision is pretty much useless.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I'm always trying to learn like all in a forum environment.

Sonic/Roxio DVDit output capabilities seem to include not only macrovision but also regional coding and CSS encryption.

As already posted savy 6th graders (and my 80 yr old uncle) can easily de-crypt and copy css protected movies and other encryption protections are even less capable but (and I'd sincerely like to be corrected) DVDit appears to allow the program creator to include css encryption in its' dvd authoring output options before either rendering to a file or a disc.

Regardless, the currently available protection is easily circumvented so why bother? The two dvd programs I helped create for volume sale intentionally had no copy protection for that reason.

As far as i know all these softwares provide security for your CD's & DVD's. So no need to worry about the security i searched for these softwares which provides Duplication / Replication found many names there one which impressed me a lot was (MOD - plug and link removed - fourth time, you are the weakest link - goodbye - banned) you can try it if u want .[/FONT]
    Last edited by Mark W; 04-24-2008 at 06:20 AM.