Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's competition time !

Blog Entries

Default It's competition time !

It's competition time again and we have a delicious pre-video analogue Canon non-pixel based camera to give away. Additional prizes will be anounced as the entries increase, but the REAL prize for the winner is the title of "Digital Director of the year 2008"!

1. Entries will be an advert for Digital director and the video forum and must be exactly 30s in length. No more, no less.

2. Credits will not be included in the 30s and must appear separately. None of the "credits" will be considered part of the entry and all footage over the 30 second limit will be ignored by the judges. Credits may not be more than 30seconds in length.

3. The film can contain live action and / or animation.

4. All video, images and animation must be the original work of the contestant.

5. Any music may be used. However, entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have permission to use it in this competition. We don't insist on seeing proof with the entry but Digital Director will not be responsible for any copyright issues from music used by entrants.

6. The spoofing of other companies advertising techniques, logos and products is acceptable, but no original logos or trade marks may be used, they must be substantially altered or modified, this must be done creatively. Plagiarism is unlikely to impress the judges.

7. Entries should reflect the inclusive nature of the site. Entries deemed offensive by the judges will be returned with advice. Entries that would be acceptable is User Videos will be appropriate.

8. In entering the competition you are granting the right for video forums to rebroadcast your entry using any medium. No payments will be sought or made under any circumstances.

9. Contestants are strongly discouraged from featuring skateboards or light sabres.

10. The competition is open as of now.

11. The closing date will be September 30th – this is final and non negotiable.

12. First prize will be a pre-video analogue Canon non-pixel based camera.

13. Judging will be done by an independent panel – TBA.

14. The winning entry will be the one the panel judge most likely to be successful as a television advert. (please note, it will not be used on the television.)

15. You may enter more than once

Any comments or questions, just ask below.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 09-08-2008 at 07:04 AM. Reason: We no longer have a Canon HD Camera...

re: rule 4. Does this mean I cannot use any stock footage or elements I might have payed for in my effort?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    re: rule 4. Does this mean I cannot use any stock footage or elements I might have payed for in my effort?
    I'd like to see as much original content as possible, but understand that the use of stock footage to enhance original content can be beneficial and won't be penalised.

Excellent, The One Ninja will definitely give this a vicious and violent shot.

5. Default

I want to submit an animation. Is it okay if I use images sourced from magazines and such to animate?

Oh, and if I say that I've got permisssion to use the music, will you believe me or do you need to see some sort of written proof?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    I want to submit an animation. Is it okay if I use images sourced from magazines and such to animate?

Oh, and if I say that I've got permisssion to use the music, will you believe me or do you need to see some sort of written proof?
    Suggest you see rule(s) 4 and 5.

Blog Entries

Animating pics from magazines would be origianl.

As for music we dont need proof but it is a good practice to get into for if oyu do commercial work.

Woo, I'm looking forward to this!!!
    I came 4th last year... so I'm ready for this. Starting to brainstorm now!

Hmm... original...

Blog Entries

Good stuff - go for it. It's hell but good practice to work in such a short time.

There doesn't seem much competition as of yet. :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast