It's competition time again and we have a delicious pre-video analogue Canon non-pixel based camera to give away. Additional prizes will be anounced as the entries increase, but the REAL prize for the winner is the title of "Digital Director of the year 2008"!
1. Entries will be an advert for Digital director and the video forum and must be exactly 30s in length. No more, no less.
2. Credits will not be included in the 30s and must appear separately. None of the "credits" will be considered part of the entry and all footage over the 30 second limit will be ignored by the judges. Credits may not be more than 30seconds in length.
3. The film can contain live action and / or animation.
4. All video, images and animation must be the original work of the contestant.
5. Any music may be used. However, entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have permission to use it in this competition. We don't insist on seeing proof with the entry but Digital Director will not be responsible for any copyright issues from music used by entrants.
6. The spoofing of other companies advertising techniques, logos and products is acceptable, but no original logos or trade marks may be used, they must be substantially altered or modified, this must be done creatively. Plagiarism is unlikely to impress the judges.
7. Entries should reflect the inclusive nature of the site. Entries deemed offensive by the judges will be returned with advice. Entries that would be acceptable is User Videos will be appropriate.
8. In entering the competition you are granting the right for video forums to rebroadcast your entry using any medium. No payments will be sought or made under any circumstances.
9. Contestants are strongly discouraged from featuring skateboards or light sabres.
10. The competition is open as of now.
11. The closing date will be September 30th – this is final and non negotiable.
12. First prize will be a pre-video analogue Canon non-pixel based camera.
13. Judging will be done by an independent panel – TBA.
14. The winning entry will be the one the panel judge most likely to be successful as a television advert. (please note, it will not be used on the television.)
15. You may enter more than once
Any comments or questions, just ask below.