Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My video on youtube :)

Talking My video on youtube :)

YouTube - Providence

I hope you ENJOY it

Done with sony vegas 7.0

Watch mines others videos on the lists (20 video) and see the evolution of my editing skill ^^

I can help you if you have some problems with sony vegas, ask me

Thanks for watching everybody !

Nice vid - I'm really impressed with the editing of the stunts.

Yeah, i aggree, it's a nice video... keep up the good work!

Blog Entries

Sorry- this is not film making and the editing is really very pedestrian. Maybe you need to be a teenager to get it ? ? ?

Blog Entries

So, you play a video game, record it and put pre-recorded music to it and...?

What have you actually contributed (apart from playing the game)?

Please don't say the editing because that was the worst part

Sorry to be so blunt.

Thumbs down

that was very boring :s i'm sorry to be so harsh
    buy yourself a decent camera go out and make a real video.

Oh its too good expierience to share this video
    Last edited by Mark W; 09-14-2008 at 11:48 PM.

So you've edited 4.20 of copyright protected games footage, jeez big deal. We're big into originality on this forum or hadn't you noticed? I'd rather watch 1 minute of original badly shot and edited material than this, this is not video making as 99% of the work has been done for you already. If you really want to get into video making as said previously get a camcorder and start making your own videos.

I know I'm new around here and don't really know the habits and stuff around here, but what's the point in having a Video Game and Fan Video sub forum if the editing of said genre's is considered not-done by default? It's obviously very different then real movie making but that doesn't mean a certain deal of creativity and work isn't involved.

I have to admit that this video is basically just copying and pasting but this:

this is not video making as 99% of the work has been done for you already
    is a little bit to black & white for my taste.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TigerXtrm View Post
    what's the point in having a Video Game and Fan Video sub forum if the editing of said genre's is considered not-done by default? It's obviously very different then real movie making but that doesn't mean a certain deal of creativity and work isn't involved
    This little section was created to cater for a influx of dan and video game videos. I moved a whole host of videos to these sections and this was one of them.

It can be fun making these fan and video game videos, and there's certainly an element of creativity. But it's no where near as rewarding as producing your own video from start to finish. In fact it's so far removed from film making that I decided to create a seperate section.

I've thought about this in the past. Is there a rather snobbish attitude to percieving these videos as inferior? After all, it's still editing. But the problem is that most of the editing's done for you. I've had a stab at producing a fan movie, and to be honest it's simplicity itslef to create a fantastic looking video.

Real latent is taking raw footage and creating something worth watching. I'm not taking anything away from anyone that creates fan videos, but it only touches on the skills required for film making.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast