Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to add moving picture in video?

  1. #1

    Default How to add moving picture in video?

    This is for Ulead (tho maybe other video editors work the same)

    I want to take a video of someone driving, and add someone elses head in place of the original one. Here's an example



    I'm not sure how to do this in Ulead.... I even checked Youtube for a tutorial or something of this..
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; 04-07-2008 at 12:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Are you talking VideoStudio or MediaStudio Pro? If it's VS I haven't a clue, if it's MSP then you need to investigate moving paths and keying.

    You could do worse than invest a small amount ($11.95) in an electronic copy of the book Getting Results with Media Studio Pro 8:

    Getting Results Publishing

    Chapter 7 has a couple of project tutorials on match moving that are exactly what you're looking for.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy E View Post
    Are you talking VideoStudio or MediaStudio Pro? If it's VS I haven't a clue, if it's MSP then you need to investigate moving paths and keying.

    You could do worse than invest a small amount ($11.95) in an electronic copy of the book Getting Results with Media Studio Pro 8:

    Getting Results Publishing

    Chapter 7 has a couple of project tutorials on match moving that are exactly what you're looking for.
    Do you know what the Best video editor is to do moving paths and keying then? I have Vista and it says MSP won't work with it. I don't wanna continue with Ulead since its not good for doing this.
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; 04-08-2008 at 11:14 AM.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy E View Post
    Are you talking VideoStudio or MediaStudio Pro? If it's VS I haven't a clue, if it's MSP then you need to investigate moving paths and keying.

    You could do worse than invest a small amount ($11.95) in an electronic copy of the book Getting Results with Media Studio Pro 8:

    Getting Results Publishing

    Chapter 7 has a couple of project tutorials on match moving that are exactly what you're looking for.
    Hi Andy,

    I am wondering too whether we can replace the "moving head" in the video using Vegas Pro 8 without resorting to rotoscoping method ?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Do you know what the Best video editor is to do moving paths and keying then? I have Vista and it says MSP won't work with it. I don't wanna continue with Ulead since its not good for doing this.
    Not sure I could say what the "best" video editor is for the above but all of the higher-end NLEs should enable you to do what you want including MSP.

    It has been possible for some to get MSP7 or 8 working on Vista (I can't comment beause I'm still using XP). Read the following thread on the MSP forum at Corel:

    Corel User to User Web Board :: View topic - This Is How To Install MSP 7 or 8 on Microsoft Vista

    Ulead/Corel have abandonded any further development on MSP (and admitted as much) and that's the principal reason why I've moved to using Vegas Pro.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_khoo View Post
    Hi Andy,

    I am wondering too whether we can replace the "moving head" in the video using Vegas Pro 8 without resorting to rotoscoping method ?

    Thanks
    No need to rotoscope.
    Place the head on track 1 (with transparent background or use chromakey) and background on track 2.
    Move to first frame and position the head in track 1 using track motion.
    Assuming the head moves constantly in one direction, move to the point on the timeline where it next changes speed and or direction.
    Reposition head. This will create a keyframe.
    Positions of the head on the frames in between will be interpolated (calculated automatically)
    Now move to the next point where the direction and/or speed changes and reposition again and so on ad infinitum.
    Tim

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    No need to rotoscope.
    Place the head on track 1 (with transparent background or use chromakey) and background on track 2.
    Move to first frame and position the head in track 1 using track motion.
    Assuming the head moves constantly in one direction, move to the point on the timeline where it next changes speed and or direction.
    Reposition head. This will create a keyframe.
    Positions of the head on the frames in between will be interpolated (calculated automatically)
    Now move to the next point where the direction and/or speed changes and reposition again and so on ad infinitum.
    Your talking about doing this in Vegas Pro 8 right?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Your talking about doing this in Vegas Pro 8 right?
    Yes. Vegas will do it just as well as MSP.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Your talking about doing this in Vegas Pro 8 right?
    Yes, because it was a direct response to ryan_khoo's question "Can I do this in Vegas Pro 8?" which I quoted in my reply (supposedly to make this clear)
    Tim

Similar Threads

  1. Cutting a moving object out of a video??
    By CaptainVideo in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 07:19 PM
  2. Moving Filmstrip with Moving Footage
    By cptgavin in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 11:49 PM
  3. Using Picture in Picture for Scrolling Video (Mediastudio)
    By purejammy in forum Submit Your Own Guides and Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 08:30 PM
  4. Using Picture in Picture for Scrolling Video (Mediastudio)
    By Englishman in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 09:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •