Thread: End credit formats

Default End credit formats

Iím looking to add some rolling credits to the short Iím just finishing up the post-production on. Iím using Elements 3.0 and found the titles and the rolling credits no problem.

The issue I have is the alignment of the text. Iíd like to show it in the same style as most movie end credits, whereby you have character/production job on the left and the actor/crew member on the right.

Now it looks like itís Ďcentredí but it isnít. There is a precise gap between the two columns and that is what I want to achieve.

If I centre the text, you donít get that continuous centre gap. Any help would be most appreciated. I have looked through the templates, but they only seem to offer backdrops for the titles to scroll over etc.

Many thanks.

I've spent several hours today, trying to achieve the same thing, so far with limited success.

I tried Elements 2 but gave up with that. I have got version 3 but I can't be bothered to install it just to see if it can do what I want it to do.

In the end, I created the titles as bitmap images using CorelDraw, with the two colums like you mentioned, then imported them into Premiere Pro 1.5, and used push transitions to move them up the screen. If you make the transitions of equal length and ensure they are virtually touching each other, they seem to work quite well. Stretching the length of the images (I doubled it) helps slow it down so it's readable. If you slow it down too much it gets a bit jittery.
    Last edited by TheTwelveQuidKid; 04-06-2008 at 11:56 PM.

I haven't used the titles in PE3 so this is a shot in the dark, but when you are typing your words in can you use the TAB key on the keyboard to move the typing bar further over to the right?

You could also try making one massive PSD in photoshop and and using keystones to animate.

Quote Originally Posted by sspeiper View Post
    Iím looking to add some rolling credits to the short Iím just finishing up the post-production on. Iím using Elements 3.0 and found the titles and the rolling credits no problem.

The issue I have is the alignment of the text. Iíd like to show it in the same style as most movie end credits, whereby you have character/production job on the left and the actor/crew member on the right.

Now it looks like itís Ďcentredí but it isnít. There is a precise gap between the two columns and that is what I want to achieve.

If I centre the text, you donít get that continuous centre gap. Any help would be most appreciated. I have looked through the templates, but they only seem to offer backdrops for the titles to scroll over etc.

Many thanks.
    All easy enough. It's just a bit tricky to find the right options first time. that's all.

What you need do is this. Type up your credits as follows in th etitle editor...
    <tab>Director<tab>Some Bloke
    <tab>Camera Person<tab>Another Bloke
    <tab>Wazok<tab>Alan Mills

But substitute a real tab char where I have <tab>

Select your text block and right click. Choose option "Tab Stops". Up pop the tab stops editor. All you need donow is place a right justfy tab stop where you want the 'role' column to end and a left justify tab stop where you want the 'names' column to start.

Easy.

Like I said, just abit tricky to find it first time. That's all.

HTH Alan

I gave up on giving up on Premiere Elements 2 (see my previous post) and tried it again.
    Got much better results this time. I used the centre align setting, then used the space bar in front of and behind the words to get the spacing the right distance apart. Seems to work quite well.

Default thank you

Thanks very much for this gents, I'll give it a shot tonight.

There are a number of alignment tools in the Premiere Elements titler, have you found them?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more