Thread: Capture error

Default Capture error

When I go to capture video I keep getting a capture error warning. Then I'm directed to change settings, bla bla bla. I do all that and still I get an error. Then I go to the web site help section and do everything they suggest. Still I get an error.

Anyone else go through this? What can I do short of blowing up my puter

I was doing fine for a while and then suddenly bam! Puter no worky. The only thing that changed is that I read in the set up book that if I have Studio 7 to load that into my puter. So I did that because it has the drivers for the 1394 fire wire stuff. Now I have probs. Should I take Studio 7 out?

TIA,
    Dave B

I'm not quite following. What *did* you have installed before Pinnacle Studio 7?

I had Pinnacle Studio Deluxe 7 and later bought 9. Then I removed 7 and loaded 9. Then I noticed the fire wire "Blue Box" wasn't working so I loaded the driver for it out of 7. That fixed my problem…sort of for 9. Well later I read in the manual that if you have an earlier version of Pinnacle your suppose to leave it in. So I reloaded all of 7. Now I can't capture.

Maybe I need to take every thing out and start over.....I dunno. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks
    Dave B

Sounds like you have an untidy mess of drivers and registry entries I'd do as you say and start from scratch.

Thanks Marc, Then I'll get busy making a video for the contest
    Dave B

That's (royalty free) music to my ears Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Sounds like you have an untidy mess of drivers and registry entries I'd do as you say and start from scratch.
    I uninstalled 7 and 9 last night then reinstalled both. Now 9 works like a charm!

Thanks Marc!
    Dave B