Thread: Displaying 2 movies at once on 2 monitors

Exclamation Displaying 2 movies at once on 2 monitors

IS there a software program that will let me sync 2 movies to each other. So when I hit play they will both play at the same time? On 2 diffrent monitors Fullscreen. Or even a solution to do this?
    Thanks guys and gals.

NO, this is not possible and no software out there will do it for you.
    You use dual monitor to see you work on another monitor but not two movies on different monitor at once....

To do so you need to open the same program twice to edit 2 movies.

Actually it is possible...

Multi-take/multi-cam editing. Final cut pro has multiple clip timelines which allow you to sync multiple clips (up to 16) and play back simultaneously from one trigger, whilst exporting each track to it's own monitor.

Other software can probably do this too, but don't know which. I've only ever tried with FCP.

Dream-Media - I suggest you quit giving people silly feedback, as it looks like you have a limited grasp of the subjects at hand.

Mosh, this subject was posted on "04-05-2008, 12:40 AM" till then where you all gurus were you are unable to provide him with the answers even you know about everything.This is crazy someone asks for help and you guys seen nowhere to help them but when some answers to the post abt what he know that sounds crap to you, nice i avoid this next time.

What? 44 hours is not a long time... not even 2 days?

It's not like I check this site every day, and from your response you've made it sound like i've bumped a 2 year old thread?!?! I'm sorry that I didn't reply 15 hours sooner..... as you managed to in all your incorrect glory

Quote Originally Posted by Dream-Media View Post
    Mosh, this subject was posted on "04-05-2008, 12:40 AM" till then where you all gurus were you are unable to provide him with the answers even you know about everything.This is crazy someone asks for help and you guys seen nowhere to help them but when some answers to the post abt what he know that sounds crap to you, nice i avoid this next time.
    Hey Now no need to fight kiddies.
    Thanks for both of your inputs. Final cut is a little rich for my blood. And also i should of said that im running a windows machine.
    So there for Final cut is out of the question.
    So your both right.
    Last edited by Imaphaggit; 04-07-2008 at 07:29 AM.

I might just have to run 2 pcs but i dunno how i would trigger both of them to run a video at the same time. cause they need to be synces almost precisely this is a different subject for different folks. If anyone else has so input it would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Essentially you need two instances of a video application to open up simultaneously, and then to expand to full screen. Although you can open up multiple instances of the current versions of Media Player, Media Player 6.4 can be opened up in multiple sessions. So that's the first hurdle, download media player 6.4.

The second is opening them up simultaneously. You should be able to do this by automating a command line script in a bat file.

This command will open up a new instance of the player, and then play the file in full screen automatically:

Mplayer2.exe /play /fullscreen c:\pathtovideo\video.avi

So that's the second issue covered. Create a bat file with that command.

The final is opening up two instances at the same time on different screens. The problem with the method above is that it will simply open up on the same screen! So you can't automate it using my method, but you can drag it to another screen (the videos will be in synch).

A more fundamental problem is that yoiu need to ensure that you can play a video overlay on both screens at once. Which leads me to my final point - why not just set up the monitors as mirrors? That way, whatever is one one screen is displayed on the other? Or is this two different video files?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Essentially you need two instances of a video application to open up simultaneously, and then to expand to full screen. Although you can open up multiple instances of the current versions of Media Player, Media Player 6.4 can be opened up in multiple sessions. So that's the first hurdle, download media player 6.4.

The second is opening them up simultaneously. You should be able to do this by automating a command line script in a bat file.

This command will open up a new instance of the player, and then play the file in full screen automatically:

Mplayer2.exe /play /fullscreen c:\pathtovideo\video.avi

So that's the second issue covered. Create a bat file with that command.

The final is opening up two instances at the same time on different screens. The problem with the method above is that it will simply open up on the same screen! So you can't automate it using my method, but you can drag it to another screen (the videos will be in synch).

A more fundamental problem is that yoiu need to ensure that you can play a video overlay on both screens at once. Which leads me to my final point - why not just set up the monitors as mirrors? That way, whatever is one one screen is displayed on the other? Or is this two different video files?
    Thanks for that Marc, I learnt somthing there. A pretty cool method too .