Thread: Audio out of sync

Default Audio out of sync

Please can someone throw some light on my problem. I have made my video and burned to DVD but when it has burned some of the audio is not right with the person speaking. I use Pinnacle Studio 9.4 plus. All is ok before I make movie. I have used this program for a few years now with no problems. I have just invested in a new computer running xp as I did on my old machine. Any thoughts please. The video footage was downloaded from a Sony DCR-SR42E pal and Hitachi DZ-MV350E pal. I have used footage from both and joined them together using transitions and music. Could the source material be the problem?
    Last edited by Hobby Mum; 04-03-2008 at 11:45 PM.

what was the main source you have taken from the cams and did you converted them into any video formats before you actually edited the footage's.

There are different thing that might cause the audio to sync properly..........what was your final output video format,

Thank you for your reply. I just copied the footage into my computer. When I selected the footage to put into Studio it was as a avi file. I never changed it from the original footage. The main footage was from the Sony DCR SR42E. The final output Video was DVD. The audio was MPA (Mpeg-1-layer2). I am sorry if this is not what you were asking, I am only new to this forum so just finding my way around. Many thanks.

Talking solution

Thank you for your reply. I just copied the footage into my computer. When I selected the footage to put into Studio it was as a avi file. I never changed it from the original footage. The main footage was from the Sony DCR SR42E. The final output Video was DVD. The audio was MPA (Mpeg-1-layer2). I am sorry if this is not what you were asking, I am only new to this forum so just finding my way around. Many thanks.
    Hello Hobby Mum, you done it in a right way but i want you to know these thing..
    ie when you record live the audio might not sync well with the video.(if it syncs well then there's no problem) If not then you need two sources ie one seperate audio layer and one video layer not make slices and put them in right manner where the audios not synced well. I don't know what your using to edit your footage, for me it's Sony vegas, Adobe Premier or After effects.
    Some times when you output the video to different file formats...the audio might not sync well with video even though it was good before. ( The problem here is the rendering file format your going to output).

Whatever there are many causes to this....first of all check your captured video for errors then use non-linear editor to edit and sync your video.
    You can separate tracks usings 'Total video converter' (Audio/Video)

Sorry for this long story, i hope this will help you.

Thankyou again Dream Media, I will look into your suggestions. Just another thought, as I captured from a Video Camrea with a hard disc, could this be the main problem as this is already compressed and when capturing into Studio 9 it was decompressed then during rendering compressed again the problem arose with the audio out of sync. ? If this is so can you give me some thoughts as to how to fix this problem or do I need to use another program as you have suggeted? Sorry but not sure what non-linear means to edit. I am learning all the time.

Lightbulb

I captured from a Video Camrea with a hard disc, could this be the main problem as this is already compressed and when capturing into Studio 9 it was decompressed then during rendering compressed again the problem arose with the audio out of sync. ? If this is so can you give me some thoughts as to how to fix this problem or do I need to use another program as you have suggeted? Sorry but not sure what non-linear means to edit.
    Hi hobbymum, yes that might be a problem that caused audio sync.
    I can't explain you well about non-linear editing you can try this....

NON-LINEAR EDITING

use adobe premier, sony vegas pro, cyberlink power producer/director for your non-linear editing. This will help you not only to sync your audio/video but also to edit/delete any frame from the video.

One more thing ie
    > when you render the final output, try to use the format your going to finally burn like...
    > If you want you movie to a DVD then render your video to " mpeg 2 " which is a standard file format for DVD video(later you can burn to dvd using nero).
    > If you want a VCD instead of DVD then render the final output to mpeg1.

I hope this will help you, anyway what is studio9 meant for....i heared about it but never used it.

HM:
    Can you please give your system specs? As it might be a RAM or processor problem.
    Also, although DM's advice is true, there is no point in spending the money on a new application unless you think its a wise investment. Another place to try would be the Pinnacle support forums, who might be familiar with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream-Media View Post
    I hope this will help you, anyway what is studio9 meant for....i heared about it but never used it.
    Hi Dream Media. Studio 9 is a consumer NLE application. Pinnacle did a good job on the studio series
    until version 9, where bugs effected the operation of the program.

I have to admit that although I have never used it, I know some one who has and they where editing a composition of clips they had recorded onto DVD and after about an hours worth of timeline the application just wouldn't open files ect....

So basically its use is for home movie making, although I know some pros do use it to great advantage (IE: the forum classic "The Lost Sock" was edited with it).
    Hope this helps,
    All the best
    Luke
    Last edited by LukeD; 04-06-2008 at 07:35 PM.

[quote=LukeD;85971]HM:
    Can you please give your system specs? As it might be a RAM or processor problem.

Hi Luke, Thankyou. My specs. Pentium Dual CPU E2160@1.80GHZ 2.00GB Ram

Doesn't sound like your specs are rubbish then! Ive just been having a nosey on Pinnacles support forum, and from what I have read there-Some times rendering the clips as AVI's before editing works....So maybe worth a try with just a couple of clips. Ive also seen something about "Sync lock" But not knowing the program I'm afraid I cant give you advice on that (Although your instruction manual will most likely be able to).
    Last edited by LukeD; 04-07-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Typo