Thread: Roadies Day Out 2008 (Part 1 of 3)

Blog Entries

Default Roadies Day Out 2008 (Part 1 of 3)

Just the first of three shorts made for some friends of mine. This one (complete with cheesy velocity envelope effect) will appeal to their macho side. Part two will horrify them when they see how 'gay' they look. If you like this one, parts two and three are on Videography Video Gallery: Digital Director ::

Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 04-02-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Great fun, Andy.
    I have to say part one is the weakest - it's far too long (though for your primary audience that's fine). It's also a shame you didn't get the "Madness" walk in time with the music - a couple of minutes shifting the clip should have made all the difference (but then again, I'm probably too fussy about things like that - it just appeared "odd" to me that there were definite "beats" in the clip and they clashed with the beats ion the music.
    Part two was a bit drawn out to begin with (cf my comment about part 1) but the dancing/tomfoolery alongside the van is absolutely priceless - even for someone like me who doesn't know them from Adam.
    Part three may be a bit too much for some but I found all 2 mins of arriving unloading and setting up interesting (this may, of course, simply be that I was involved in a semi pro band for 20 odd years) As I'm sure you know, this might have benefited from a time lapse view from the back of the auditorium of the stage being set up. Ogf course this requires another camera and operator and all the guys were a bit busy at the time.
    Thanks for posting.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Great fun, Andy.
    I have to say part one is the weakest - it's far too long (though for your primary audience that's fine). It's also a shame you didn't get the "Madness" walk in time with the music - a couple of minutes shifting the clip should have made all the difference (but then again, I'm probably too fussy about things like that - it just appeared "odd" to me that there were definite "beats" in the clip and they clashed with the beats ion the music.
    A good point about the walk - I'll go back and look at that again.
    Part two was a bit drawn out to begin with (cf my comment about part 1) but the dancing/tomfoolery alongside the van is absolutely priceless - even for someone like me who doesn't know them from Adam.
    I dont think they realised just how daft they look....
    .. this might have benefited from a time lapse view from the back of the auditorium of the stage being set up. Ogf course this requires another camera and operator and all the guys were a bit busy at the time....
    We've been there and done that - I didn't even plan to film inside at all this time - they only wanted the trip doing, but hey - I had the camera and it wouldn't switch off. There's still a version of them performing My Generation to come yet - done the vid - waiting for the studio track to match it to.

Thanks for you comments - all taken on board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    We've been there and done that [time-lapse of stage setup]
    Sorry, I meant to say in my earlier post, you may have chosen to avoid it as it's so cliché (though I have to admit short bursts of timelapse never cease to fascinate me)
    Tim

Blog Entries

... you may have chosen to avoid it as it's so cliché...
    It can be, but we stood a roadie on a flightcase and wheeled him across the stage six inches at a time to spice it up. The effect was... weird.