Thread: My Marathon Pain!!!

Blog Entries

Default My Marathon Pain!!!

With less than two weeks until the big day, disaster struck on our final training race. After another Personal Best for Hollie in the Paddock Wood half marathon, I unfortunately pulled a muscle in my foot walking to the car! But these things are sent to try us, and after two days of hobbling around the office, I’m focusing all my positive chi on getting better for the race. I’m not letting a small thing like a pulled muscle get in the way of charity!!!

Our fund to date stands at 2,232.00, so that leaves just over 250 to reach the magic number. It would be fantastic if we reached that figure before the start of the race, and certainly spur me on to get run through the pain on race day! Once again a big thanks on behalf of our charity, Grooms-Shaftsbury, for all your generous donations so far.

I hope to have the race day video prepared for some time in May! If any of you are planning on making the trip to London to cheer us on, please bring along your video cameras to try and capture us along the way. If you need any help about the best places to see us stumbling by, drop me an email or give me a call and I’ll point you in the right direction. It’s a great day out and the support would be very much appreciated by both Hollie and myself.

Once again thanks for your support, and if you haven’t yet donated, that sponsorship link is Justgiving - Marc & Hollie's Fundraising Page

Thanks!

Marc and Hollie

Blog Entries

The hollie in the paddock bit sounds good - maybe there is something to this running thing after all - much respect for your dedication. Is there going to be a selfexploitation film of the day ?

Blog Entries

I am going to suffer for my art and carry a camcorder around the 26 mile course...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I am going to suffer for my art and carry a camcorder around the 26 mile course...
    it's not the camcorder that's the problem, it's the weight of all the spare batteries!!!!!

All the best Marc! Im training to cycle Lands End to John O'Groats in the summer holidays, so I know what such a big challenge feels like! And how on earth can you run 20+ miles? It would kill me!

Blog Entries

Good luck tomorrow - cant wait for the selfmockumentary...

Yer, good luck! What stupid time in the morning do you have to get up to be on the starting line?