Thread: problems exporting to DVD, prempro7.0

Default problems exporting to DVD, prempro7.0

Hi there, I'm having a problem - I've put together a film in 4 parts, around 22 minutes in total, 4.43 GB, dv-avi files. Every time I try to export it to dvd using Premier Pro 7.0 the program just stops after a while, the progress bars go nowhere, I get nothing, and have to close it down using ctrl-alt-del. Could this be a memory issue? Can anyone tell me roughly what memory resources such an operation would take?

Also, if Prem Pro won't play ball, what other applications are good for writing to DVD with realtively good quality?

Encore DVD would be better but you still may have problems. The disk space is important, you probably need to have at least 20GB free when you burn a DVD. It could also be a problem with your burner, have you updated the burner firmware? This solves most DVD burning issues other than using good DVD Media.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Chuck - Encore DVD would be lovely, but I don't have it and can't afford it The burner is brand new, and the discs good quality. I have just under 18gb free on C drive, and I'm thinking that may be the problem. It just hangs up on the transcoding. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but would it help if I changed the scratch disc location to a 500gb external hard drive on usb 2.0? Would that be a possible solution??? Thanks for your help, appreciated.

You will need a minimum of 20gb free, 40gb recommended
    And the space should be defragmented also.

The problem is not with the scratch disks but where Windows stores temp files, on the primary drive.
    You can change the scratch disk location to the 500gb drive and that will help some but I don't think it will solve your problem completely until you free up some space on the primary drive and defragment.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more