Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first edited video...

1. Default My first edited video...

This is a promo I made for an indie rock band called Interpol...dont know if you've heard of them or not. Please let me know what you think, esp if you are familiar with the band.

hey, 30 seconds in, it seems like another went right on top of the one that was building up, i dont know if that is a song altogether but it bothered me, otherwise I see nothing wrong with it. Nice job, hard to point out what editing you've done since its of music videos etc.
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

3. Default

lol I guess I should be flattered because aside from song 2, song 4 and song 5 (no i in threesome, heinrich manuever, mammoth) the others arent official music videos to those songs-i used different music videos (same band, previous albums) and tried to dub the footage to the lyrics.

With No I in Threesome I reversed some footage around before the singing begun, I had to speed up and slow footage down for Heinrich and Mammoth was cut around and censored I guess. At the beginning, I used a snippet of an interview where the lead singer's recommending to new fans that if they were unfamilar with their work to check out thier third album before the others etc.

I guess the idea was to give a snippet of each song so it would be like a preview to the album, alongside some visuals. Got the snippet idea from amazon.com.

I agree, it is hard to know what editing has been done where unless one is a fan of the band themselves and are sorta familar with the footage.

so did you film and edit all the fottage yourself?
    If you did then it's very good..

If you didnt then what exactly did you do??

5. Default

lol no ofcourse I didnt film it, I edited the footage around.

Blog Entries

Seriously impressed.

I thought that the footage suited the music well and the pace of the editing also fitted the performances. Did you direct the sequences? If so you must be very proud of what you've achieved. There's a lot of nice camerawork in there as well.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    Seriously impressed.

I thought that the footage suited the music well and the pace of the editing also fitted the performances. Did you direct the sequences? If so you must be very proud of what you've achieved. There's a lot of nice camerawork in there as well.
    I dont own a video camera so i didnt shoot the actual footage-i dont own any of the footage but i edited it around.

lol its funny cause people who arent familiar with the band think i used music videos and cut them but most of those videos arent music videos for those songs.

I did alot of editing and used different effects but i've always liked subtleness more instead of flash and obvious cuts and editing. But I guess with subtleness people dont notice what you've done or what you havent done.

Thank you heaps for your kind feedback, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by pandora_7891 View Post
    I dont own a video camera so i didnt shoot the actual footage-i dont own any of the footage but i edited it around.

lol its funny cause people who arent familiar with the band think i used music videos and cut them but most of those videos arent music videos for those songs.

I did alot of editing and used different effects but i've always liked subtleness more instead of flash and obvious cuts and editing. But I guess with subtleness people dont notice what you've done or what you havent done.

Thank you heaps for your kind feedback, I appreciate it

^^ So what have you done then? put cuts into existing footage?? Im confused..

I'm confused aswell, are you saying you've taken already shot footage and edited it to someone else's music and you've managed to hit the beats? Where's the work in that?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I'm confused aswell, are you saying you've taken already shot footage and edited it to someone else's music and you've managed to hit the beats? Where's the work in that?
    Ouch.

Maybe I'm posting these videos to the wrong forum...I'm guessing you guys do this professionally. I'm a medicine student so I just edit videos around as a hobby. Alot of people on youtube make fan videos to either different musicians/bands or make fan videos to tv shows or movies etc. Thats what I did as well. I dont know why you guys find that so hard to grasp. I keep repeating it is not my footage. I wish I could film an international rock band but hey.
    Last edited by pandora_7891; 04-05-2008 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast