Thread: You tube gets music right

Blog Entries

Default You tube gets music right

You tube - copyright notice - cleve stuff.

I just uploaded a film with a groovy piece of music I like from an old film. I was very inpressed when you tube contacted me, nemed the tune and told me it was safe to use - clever stuff. What happens I wonder when it spots something that needs permissio to use ? ?

They will probably e-mail you and say that it's not safe to use

Haha, alright that was lame.

Blog Entries

Aww - i was hoping a big RIAA ray gun would burn out my eyes....

ha ha well I know they have a thing now where instead of removing your video immediately if you use something or say footage that is someone else's, they have like a "under review" section of your profile and it states what action you should take. Such as "ok to use" or "get rid of it" or "challenge the right to" lol
    Beatsuite.com Royalty Free Music Library and ISDN Recording Studio Newcastle

I noticed this too, I tried the 'add some music' feature to one of my CGI pieces, which had no music already, I used some Evanescence music, and it comes up under some kind of 'copyright issue' folder, but tells me to do nothing about it

Depends if the copyright holders see it as an advantage or disadvantage of you using their content. If it's free promotion for them they ain't fussed.
    Beatsuite.com Royalty Free Music Library and ISDN Recording Studio Newcastle

I'm using some music from the CC licensed NIN album 'Ghosts' for my final year film

Good job they aren't in bed with the RIAA just yet. Imagine if you uploaded a video with soundtrack only to be woken the next morning by the sound of jackboots through your door. And woebetide you if your CD collection didn't contain the song and your computer didn't have a version of the track slathered in regressive DRM kit...