Thread: Help

Exclamation Help

Ok Im really new to sony vegas, Infact I only started using it about 2 days ago. What Im trying to do is to turn the clip black and white, but leave in one colour. Ive worked out how using the crop and masking tools etc, but Im having trouble with this next bit. Im guessing that you need to paste another layer of the clip for the background. When I do this both clips turn to black and white, and when I click off one they both turn back to colour, how can I keep one of the clips in colour? I hope that made sense?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxHannahxxx View Post
    Ive worked out how using the crop and masking tools etc, but Im having trouble with this next bit.
    STOP! Much easier . .

OK you're trying . .
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxHannahxxx View Post
    . . to turn the clip black and white, but leave in one colour.
    1] Put clip on T1

2] Open VEGAS VideoFx Pane

3] Drag or ADD "Color Corrector (Secondary)"

4] Click on the Eye Dropper for "Select effect range"

5] Now Drag the EyeDropper Cursor OVER the colour you WISH to retain.

6] Reduce the Saturation slider, and what should happen is that everything ELSE looses its colour - but your selection remains intact.

Now, you can go on and "tweak" the range of your selection but, if the original colour is fairly dense and even - say a RED ROSE at a wedding - if this gets you what, then stay put!

HTH

Grazie

OK - what I failed to remember was that there IS an additional tweak you can do with 2ndCC, and that IS to add a Track 2, with a copy of the Event, make that black and white, BUT go back into 2ndCC and reduce the ALPHA channel. What all this does is to allow your T1 2ndCC parts to be transparent THUS allowing the T2 BnW Event to show clear.

And another thing . .

If you are needing to remove event MORE not wanted colour, add another 2ndCC and drag over and remove saturation FOR THAT instance of 2ndCC. Don;t forget to reduce the ALPHA to to allow your T2 BnW Track Event to show through too.

hth . . . ?

grazie

Ok sorry about this im a bit slow
    Ive dragged the eye dropper over the selected image but when I go to adjust the saturation it clicks off what ive just selected

Samples attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you mean what you select disappears?

If you use/have SKYPE I could talk you through it - yeah?

G

When im selecting something it turns black, so Ive dragged over what I want till it all turns black, then when I go to click saturation the black dissapears and im left with the original image

ok cool whats your name on it