Thread: Upload your videos to digital director

Blog Entries

Default Upload your videos to digital director

Did you know that you can upload videos directly to digital director and embed them on the forums? Simply go to Videography Video Gallery: Digital Director :: and register an account, upload your video and then get the embed code. In there will be a video number. Now start a new thread in the forums and use the following code:

Code:
    [dd ]insert video number[/dd]
    So for this video embed code:

Code:
    <object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='http://www.digital-director.tv/include/flash_players/player_flv_maxi.swf' width='425' height='355'><param name='movie' value='http://www.digital-director.tv/include/flash_players/player_flv_maxi.swf'/><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='wmode' value='transparent' /><param name='FlashVars' value='configxml=http://www.digital-director.tv/include/flash_players/player_flv_maxi.php?video=16' /></object>
    The DD code becomes:

Code:
    [dd ]16[/dd]
    Of course, you can also use the full code to embed your video on any page! and heres what it looks like (I'll be changing or removing the logo in the following weeks).

Last edited by Marc Peters; 03-29-2008 at 10:57 AM.

That's cool Marc!

What are the format requirements... Quicktime OK? Size constraints?

Blog Entries

Quicktime should be ok... give it a try! There's a 200MB upload limit at the moment. If you guys like the feature, I'd be happy to invest time and money getting the quality of the videos up. In the mean time, I'm using an 'out of the box' youtube type solution which uses FLV for the encoding. As I say, if you guys like and more importantly use, the video upload feature, I'm happy to invest in a more bespoke solution. So the message here is simple - use it, and I'll develop it!

Looks good. I've uploaded a video clip but what happens about the embed code ?

If there's enough interest in this, what about going the DivX route like they did on Stage6 ? Nice player and near DVD quality.

Anyway, the link is to a preview for "Never Quite The Same". The film's almost finished, and will have a running time of approx 1 hour 27 minutes.

Link to uploaded video

Blog Entries

For the embed code, click on the share / download tab underneath your video.