Thread: Unknown Error in Premiere Elements

Default Unknown Error in Premiere Elements

Hi there,

This is my first post to this forum and I was wondering if anyone has an answer to my problem.

I am using Premier Elements version 3 and am having problems when burning to disk. It sits there for ages with the progress bar slowly moving across the screen while it says it is Encoding Media. Then just before the end it stops and comes up with an error message that says:

Burning Disk 1 of 1
    Unknown Error: 2130932483

I have tried changing disks for a new one. I have tried using the other DVD drive in the computer but nothing I do will enable me to burn this disk.

I have burned other disks with this program without any problems but sometimes I get this error message. Sometimes after getting the error message once and then shutting the program down and trying again it will burn okay, but I have a project I am working on right now that I have tried burning about 6 times and it just keeps coming up with the error message.

I really hope someone has a suggestion for me as I am tearing my hair out with this,

regards

Brian

Here is the same thing on the Adobe forum
    Adobe Forums - Unknown Error 2130932483 while trying to burn a DVD

If you put ' Unknown Error: 2130932483' into a Google search you will come up with others with the same problem and not all with Premiere Elements.
    If you are using Memorex discs throw them away and get something good
    What brand of DVDs are you using?
    Last edited by Chuck Engels; 03-28-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Hi Chuck,

I am using Datawrite disks 8x DVD-R.

The strange thing is that sometimes they work okay and when I have retried and it has worked the second time, I have used the exact same disk.

I have been using these disks for a while on a previous computer with no problems whatsoever. Could it be a compatibility issue between certain disks and certain disk drives I wonder? I have only had the problem since buying a new PC.

regards

Brian

With most poor quality discs, like Memorex, you get one good one out of 10, that is most likely the problem here. There are a couple of good resources for finding good quality media;
    DVD Media, Blu-ray and HD DVD Disc Media list
    muvipix Forum • View topic - What Brands of DVD Media Are The Best?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

On a side note habbyvid, what is the spec of your computer?

Wow Chuck,

Those links are an eye opener. I never realised there would be such differences in disks. I've obviously got some research to do to figure out which disks to buy.

One thing I wanted to try is the Lightscribe disks because my new computer has got Lightscribe compatible drives. I suppose there are going to be similar issues with Lightscribe compatible disks as well - what do you think?

Hi Nikosony,

My new computer spec is:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    4 250GB hard drives in a raid 0 giving a total of a TB hard disk space.
    I'm not sure of the brand name of the CD/DVD drives/burners of which there are two.

I had this machine built with video in mind and the spec was as much as I could afford. I don't think the problem is with my computer spec other than that there might be compatibility issues with the drives.

As I said above, I never had this problem with my older computer so these drives may be contributing to the problem.

regards

Brian

You've certainly got enough computer power so no worries there. I guess it will just be a process of elimination now to find the weak link and as you say it looks like the drives or it could be a quality control problem with the discs you are using.

I've had this problem on Elements 2, and it's a pain, because when it happens, you have to start the whole encoding process again.

I don't know why it happens, but a workaround I use is this.
    In the burning options box, select burn to file or folder (on hard drive instead of straight to DVD). You don't need to create a folder in advance, Elements should do this. Give it whatever name you want, so you can find it later. Once it's done, use your own DVD software to burn both of the DVD files to a DVD (should be two, one called OpenDVD, the other will be Video_TS).
    I use Sonic Record Now DX for this, but I guess others will do the same job.

I ran the program DVDInfoPro that I got from one of the links above and the disks seem to be Verbatim, manufactured by Mitsubishi (MCC) so they should be okay but going off what I have read about this problem you just never know. I'm going to shop around and try other disks until I find a suitable one.

If I decide to change one of the actual CD/DVD drives/burners, does anyone have any suggestions as to which one I should go for. I would like to stay with an internal one if possible.

TheTwelveQuidKid

I have read somewhere that burning to hard disk and then copying to DVD affects the quality. How do you find it? Is the quality still okay? Also do your menus still work okay after doing it this way?

regards

Brian

Is this error the same as Unknown Error: 2130932484?