Thread: Lewis and Clark short

Default Lewis and Clark short

Here is a short (zero budget) film (3:41) about lewis and clark. It's not as boring as it sounds, at least it wasn't intended to be. I didn't do any of the filming, just the editing.

Lewis and Clark Video (~9 MB)[/url]

Blog Entries

Man, that was funny. I just loved Clark's reactions . You've got quite the talent for telling a story... when do we get to see the next episode?

btw, that's the kind of thing that earns free webspace

Default Great Work

Really enjoyed the Lewis & Clark Travel. Some really ambitious filming for things like the falling down a mountain sequence and it was brilliantly edited. Really nice work.
    I'll keep an eye out for episode 2.
    AMD Sempron 2500, 1gb RAM, 120gb and 80gb hard drives. All editing done on Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004.

Thank you for the kind remarks.

As far as an episode 2, well it's been cancelled (it was intended to be a 4 part series, but we ran out of time), but I'll see what I can do to get something back together just for the fun of it

I guess that means i'll need a plot.....

Oh my god!

Please tell me you used life size human dummies for the end scenes!

That is great. It's interesting, and I really really want to know how you go the grainy sepia effect with the marks down the side. It's exactly the effect I'm looking for, for a video I'm making sometime in the next, erm, year

Default Grainy film effect

Quote Originally Posted by mikefishcake
    how you go the grainy sepia effect with the marks down the side
    In order to get this effect i used a couple of different filters. I used Quicktime Effects=>Special Effects=>Color Tint and then chose Sepia as the tint type.

Then I slapped the noise filter on there. My settings were ~10% amount of noise and "Use color noise" was checked as well as "clip result values".

Then I put another Quicktime effects filter on it, this time using the Special Effects=>Film Noise and chose Hairs and Scratches (play around with the values for your desired look).

Then I messed with the channel mixer to bring out some more of the color I was looking for.

Oh and by the way, I'm using Premiere 6.5. This project was certainly a lot of fun to put together.