Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: United Arab Forces!!!

Default United Arab Forces!!!

i dd this video with a close frnd of me

well i think not everyone will be intreasted in the video soo plz watch it then if u hav any comment put it on youtube if u don't mind k

United Arab Forces

Part 1 :
    YouTube - United Arab Forces (1/2)

Part 2 :
    YouTube - United Arab Forces (2/2)

and plz don't watch part1 without part2

thnx for passing by...
    Last edited by n5division; 03-30-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Very well done video many very special pictures great editing.

Blog Entries

I have to ask...

What did you actually do?

Did you film it? Did you write the music? Did you create the computer graphics?

Okay... So you collected footage from TV and other sources, added hyperbolic music and a few titles... (and your own slant) and bunged it onto youtube.

If one accepts that the images are spectacular (they were filmed by professional cameramen after all) the music is bombastic (they are Hollywood soundtracks after all) the only thing left is the editing which isn't actually that good.

Images have a rhythm, as does music and the rhythm of your cutting doesn't fit with the music (also the music is really pukey, really OTT).

Sorry. Far too long, too tacky, too much hyperbole. Not impressed.

Blog Entries

I know where you are coming from - the islamic world gets a stupidly biased press in the west - BUT - this is so over the top it comes across as a bit of a spoof... sorry.

I dont have an islamaphobic bone in my body but that irritated me - just far too bombastic as mentioned above.

The facts you state just dont need that much garnish. Check out adam hart davis and what the ancients did for us - same facts, nicer box.

I suspect your video is a deliberate piece of propoganda and I understand your motivation but it is likely just to alientate people I fear.

edit

Actually I lied about not being islamaphobic - I should have said i loath all religions equally...
    Last edited by Mark W; 03-28-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    I have to ask...

What did you actually do?

Did you film it? Did you write the music? Did you create the computer graphics?

Okay... So you collected footage from TV and other sources, added hyperbolic music and a few titles... (and your own slant) and bunged it onto youtube.

If one accepts that the images are spectacular (they were filmed by professional cameramen after all) the music is bombastic (they are Hollywood soundtracks after all) the only thing left is the editing which isn't actually that good.

Images have a rhythm, as does music and the rhythm of your cutting doesn't fit with the music (also the music is really pukey, really OTT).

Sorry. Far too long, too tacky, too much hyperbole. Not impressed.

Well u don't hav to explain all that ok if u don't lyk the vid or THE PURPOSE OF IT

and by the way this editting took a whole freaking week k

so if u hav any suggestions I AM ALL EARS...

and really i really thank u for passing by...

Blog Entries

I won't comment on the politcal nature of the video, there's plenty of websites out there for politcal discussion and this isn't one. However, although I assume you intended to convey a political message, the 'actual' message of the video was somewhat lost. As Mark suggests, Adam Hart-Davis is perhaps a master of explaining how our ancestors shaped the world in which we live. Perhaps it would have been more informative to explain the Arabic influence on the development of, for example, medicine. Unfortunately this can't be demonstrated by means of a purely 'visual' medium, and your resultant video ends up being an exercise in manipulating borrowed images. There's no doubting that the visuals and audio have an impact, but is it really what you wanted?

There's nothing wrong with using other people's footage; it's a great way of understanding the interaction between audio and visual, and just as importantly how to combine subtle cuts with those designed to create impact. However, you must bear in mind that editing 'pre-edited' footage is rather like preparing a ready meal. Sure, you 'edited' the footage, but the hard work was already done!

I understand that it would have been difficult to obtain your own footage, and not many of us have the talent to create our own soundtrack, but that's not to say that you can't add more of your own, personal, touch to the video. As it stands, it looks very much like yet another 'fan' video. I've seen a fair few similar videos of football and video games for example.

I can well imagine that your peers are wowed by your efforts. Indeed, I don't doubt that you spent a considerable amount of time putting the video together. But as others on our forums have suggested, the video falls short of providing a politcal message and is typical of the plethora of 'fan' videos on You Tube.

You clearly want to create a video with a message. If that is so, I would suggest concentrating on educating the viewer.

Blog Entries

N5...

You have come onto a video makers forum and offered up your work for criticism. This assumes that you want something from us. Firstly, it would be polite to make the effort to communicate with us on our level.

wi shud i mak the F-ort 2 C ur vid wen u cant be R-sed 2 rite coherently?

You want comments... well "Images have a rhythm, as does music and the rhythm of your cutting doesn't fit with the music " is quite easy to understand. You haven't taken the visual rhythm into account. You've cut images off beat, you've mixed image durations out of relationship with the music and it looks like you worked on the principle of "I've got three minutes music, I'll put clips together until the music's covered... Then I'll stop".

That's not editing, that's bricklaying images together. No skill in that.

In other words, you haven't shown any editing skill. You may have shown propagandist skill and we've got the message that you're pro muslim but, this isn't a religeous website, it's a videomaking website and all I'm interested in is your videomaking.
    There's no need to get stroppy just because we haven't praised your work.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 03-30-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I won't comment on the politcal nature of the video, there's plenty of websites out there for politcal discussion and this isn't one. However, although I assume you intended to convey a political message, the 'actual' message of the video was somewhat lost. As Mark suggests, Adam Hart-Davis is perhaps a master of explaining how our ancestors shaped the world in which we live. Perhaps it would have been more informative to explain the Arabic influence on the development of, for example, medicine. Unfortunately this can't be demonstrated by means of a purely 'visual' medium, and your resultant video ends up being an exercise in manipulating borrowed images. There's no doubting that the visuals and audio have an impact, but is it really what you wanted?

There's nothing wrong with using other people's footage; it's a great way of understanding the interaction between audio and visual, and just as importantly how to combine subtle cuts with those designed to create impact. However, you must bear in mind that editing 'pre-edited' footage is rather like preparing a ready meal. Sure, you 'edited' the footage, but the hard work was already done!

I understand that it would have been difficult to obtain your own footage, and not many of us have the talent to create our own soundtrack, but that's not to say that you can't add more of your own, personal, touch to the video. As it stands, it looks very much like yet another 'fan' video. I've seen a fair few similar videos of football and video games for example.

I can well imagine that your peers are wowed by your efforts. Indeed, I don't doubt that you spent a considerable amount of time putting the video together. But as others on our forums have suggested, the video falls short of providing a politcal message and is typical of the plethora of 'fan' videos on You Tube.

You clearly want to create a video with a message. If that is so, I would suggest concentrating on educating the viewer.
    Well, i think the message was clear but maybe not enough as u suggested , and considering this as my first "fan" video as u call it i think we really did a pretty damn good job eventhough we don't have the same experience that some people would have, and i really appreciate your comment and opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    N5...

You have come onto a video makers forum and offered up your work for criticism. This assumes that you want something from us. Firstly, it would be polite to make the effort to communicate with us on our level.

wi shud i mak the F-ort 2 C ur vid wen u cant be R-sed 2 rite coherently?

You want comments... well "Images have a rhythm, as does music and the rhythm of your cutting doesn't fit with the music " is quite easy to understand. You haven't taken the visual rhythm into account. You've cut images off beat, you've mixed image durations out of relationship with the music and it looks like you worked on the principle of "I've got three minutes music, I'll put clips together until the music's covered... Then I'll stop".

That's not editing, that's bricklaying images together. No skill in that.

In other words, you haven't shown any editing skill. You may have shown propagandist skill and we've got the message that you're pro muslim but, this isn't a religeous website, it's a videomaking website and all I'm interested in is your videomaking.
    There's no need to get stroppy just because we haven't praised your work.

The Guru...

First of, i know where i have come and i know that you are a "professional" in editing or even creating ur own videos .However you don't know how i did the video, eventhought it looks lyk just gathering images and the three minutes thingy u talked about, but it is not lyk that!! we didn't just dump images in the timeline and rearranged them it took soooo long to make this video as smooth as possible and as we uploaded it.

Despite that, i know that this video is not perfect and it isn't even CLOSE to perfect but as u expected a polite reply i also expected a polite criticism....
    Last edited by n5division; 03-30-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by n5division View Post
    and considering this as my first "fan" video as u call it i think we really did a pretty damn good job eventhough we don't have the same experience that some people would have
    I think you may have lost sight of the reason for posting your video. We're often both our own best fans and harshest critic: we all need an outside influence to put us on the right track. We've all given our time to watch and provide a constructive critique of your videos - you can either take that and try and improve your future videos. Or you can simply disregard what we have said. I strongly urge you to take on board what we have said and try and distance yourself from the video. Or you can carry on as you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast