Im finally looking to obtain one of the industry packages to do my video editing/compiling.
Ive never used: Pinnacle Studio, Sony V&M, Adobe Premiere or anything else for that matter. Just stuck with moviemaker.
Basically, I want the following from any of the above or other packages:
- Ability to import, edit, cut, merge, overlay avi's or other user generated windows video files.
- Want lots of different transitions
- Want lots of title effects i.e. flaming text, words that can be animated to move across screen different ways
- Support different resolutions. Moviemaker has maxium of 756x? or something like that.
- Ability to import different formats inc: avi, wmf, mpeg-1/2 etc
- Want ability to layer more than one set of titles, sounds, movies, pics on the screen at the same time.
- Want to be able to treat soundtrack independently of the movie its part of if possible.
What would be the best suited for the above requirements?
Ive gone through each marketing page for each product and Im not convinced that their claims are what I expect them to be so, Im asking owners and users of their opinions.
Basically, I want something that has lots of transitions and allows for powerful editing of avi's and DV imports. I want to be able to add lots of different effects also to titles and subtitles as well.
Any opinions will be greatly appreciated as I cant seem to find any demos to download for these items.