Thread: Your Photos Wanted! - www.Photostocked.com

www.visualise.tv Guest

Default Your Photos Wanted! - www.Photostocked.com

Dear Forumers,

I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this. I'm a videographer, and I take photographs for fun. I've been seeing many people lugging DSLRs around and it's great to see so many passionate about Digital Photography. It's great to be passionate about your hobby, and even better to be making some residual income off it, via stock photography websites...

Photostocked.com is a new and dynamic stock photography site started by a Singapore company. We are now in the Photographers Signup stage, where budding photographers like each and every one of you can signup and start contributing your high quality photographs.

Photostocked offers a commission equal to the highest paying stock photography site out there now. 50% of all your image sales.

We believe that all our contributing Member Photographers are partners, which is why we give out such a high commission.

You will also have a chance to become Photostocked.com's Photographer of the Year 2008. You will receive a plaque as well as attractive cash prizes, not to mention the recognition you deserve.

Photostocked will also be looking to organise photographic outings and workshops throughout the year, and we are always looking for local talents to showcase their works as well as share their knowledge and experience.

What are you waiting for? Signup today! Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos - PhotoStocked.com

Do feel free to give feedback and comments, as the site is not officially launched yet...once we have a good selection of photographs, we will launch the site and start marketing it.

Thank you

regards

Isaiah

Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos - PhotoStocked.com - Royalty-Free Stock Photos

Are you sure you're on the correct forum, this is a forum for digital creatives using video. Personally I don't have the time to take pictures and shoot video aswell when I'm out on a job. There's just too much to do and you can't ask someone to wait while you shut down one camera and start up another.

www.visualise.tv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Are you sure you're on the correct forum, this is a forum for digital creatives using video. Personally I don't have the time to take pictures and shoot video aswell when I'm out on a job. There's just too much to do and you can't ask someone to wait while you shut down one camera and start up another.
    Dear Nikosony

Perhaps you didn't read my post properly. I am a videographer as well, and I shoot photographs for fun. I'm certain many of the forumers here do as well.

Also, I have done both video and photography on a shoot at the same time before...

Thanks for the comments.

I did read your post, I'm just wondering how you managed to get the time to do both. Who has copyright over the photos once they are loaded onto this as yet unavailable site? You also talk about a 50% commission, 50% of what, do you have a figure so we can compare it to other stock photography websites?

www.visualise.tv Guest

Dear Nikosony

The legal terms are all up on the site here Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos - PhotoStocked.com it is linked on every page, at the bottom.

"It is agreed that all rights, including title and copyright, in and to the uploaded Data Files is retained by the Supplier"

Basically you still own the copyright and you have the right to withdraw any time you want to.

Also on the first page the text states "50% of all your image sales." I hope that answers your question on commission. If you had clicked on any image you would find that most stock photos (excluding exclusive and special) on the site sell for USD$1 to USD$3 depending on resolution.

This means you get paid USD$0.50 to USD$1.50 per download of your image.

50% is the percentage, you can compare this to any stock photo site out there, some pay only 20%.

As for shooting both photos and video on the job, it rarely happens, but when a client does ask I do ensure that there is enough time to do both. Of course this seldom happens for events.

Thanks for the questions.