Thread: Head cams

Default Head cams

Hi

I am looking to by a head cam for around 150. I got my fingers burnt with an Oregon unit last year, it was difficult to use and in the end just stopped working after never taking any serious footage.

I think this was an early model, the buttons were awkward to use, just turning it on was a big job.

I see they make an ATC2000 now, has anybody used one of these.

I am looking for any help here, the one thing i am looking for is a self contained unit, ie. recording to SD card. Nearly all shooting will be on a motorcycle on the road, no offroad.

Have you seen these?

Actioncameras.co.uk Wireless Helmet Cameras

It's not easy getting an all-in-one but it does seem that memory is getting larger all the time.

There are some extremely small recording units + camera but the prices are much more than 150.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOnABike View Post
    Have you seen these?

Actioncameras.co.uk Wireless Helmet Cameras

It's not easy getting an all-in-one but it does seem that memory is getting larger all the time.

There are some extremely small recording units + camera but the prices are much more than 150.
    I wanted an all in one as to have all the trailing wires and other bits was to much. I like to ride my Harley in the summer to rallies but don't have many packets.

I am tempted to try the Oregan cam but i have had one already. It was an Oregan Scientific and it was c**p, it has never recorded more that 5mins of footage and now seem to have developed a short as it flattens the batts.

Thanks for you input thogh

Have been looking at this one, it seems to fit the bill

Actioncameras.co.uk Archos Helmet Camera Packages

That Archos is still wired though.

I'm currently experimenting with a mini-DV camcorder and a wired bullet cam. As with radios, the wires are a real pain. Still, I'm going to try with the camcorder in a tank bag with cam on bike or a ruck sack with the cam on my lid.

That is of course when I get the camcorder receiving a signal from the camera.

You can get wireless cameras to transmit to a HDD recorder but then your main problem is going to be battery life. Are you wiring the camera to your bike battery?