Thread: Alternate Multicamera Editor then Adobe Premiere

1. Default Alternate Multicamera Editor then Adobe Premiere

Can anyone tell me a alternate multicamera editor like Adobe Premiere for Windows please?

Sony Vegas

3. Default

Thanks, I'll look in to Sony Vegas.

Please accept my regrets for not asking for more information.

I have done a bit of video editing including two projects with multiple camera raw images that needed to be edited together and synchronized to a separately recorded and mixed sound track. One was a three hour musical program with four miniDV cameras and the other was a three hour musical program with six cameras.

I never found it necessary to use a pro level program with capacity to open many video tracks all in line at the same time which is what you asked about.

Adobe Premiere allows practically unlimited tracks in a single project and I recall that Vegas does the same.

So, if your question is to find a program that allows you to take multiple video tracks with timecode sync or you add timecode and sync and then use the complex user interface to set start and stop points for scenes from all of them Premiere and/or Vegas would be first choice for you to look at.

However I should point out that it is possible to use consumer programs to do the same thing - like ULead Video Studio. The tradeoff is the user interface and features are easier to learn and master but the capacity of simultaneous open video and audio tracks is greatly limited. Premiere or Vegas cost hundreds of dollars while Video Studio and similar consumer programs are less than one hundred and even come bundled free with some pc dvd drives/burners.

What I've done is simple programs with straight cuts and few effects and transitions but it worked well for me and the few hundreds that wanted to see it so I should have asked you how many cameras and how often will you be doing multi-camera projects and are you working for your own enjoyment or planning to make a buck or two with your work.

Could be an easier to use and much less expensive program will meet your need just fine. You can see a brief sample of one of my mulit-camera simple efforts at YouTube if you do a search in Video for Mouse and The Boys. Two songs are posted. I Feel Good as originally done by James Brown and the American Trilogy as originally done by Elvis.
    goodluck with your projects - hope you find the program that suits your needs and budget!