Thread: (6.0) Audio/Video ..Issue

Unhappy (6.0) Audio/Video ..Issue

I have a ver very very annoying problem. I make AMVs (animated Music Videos) and I am currently making one...well i was. Recently, i had my pc formatted and my files have now been put back on. Now, heres the problem. Everytime i add a video file to the timeline, only the audio of that file is placed onto the timeline, so I can not continue my AMV. The weird thing is, before my pc was formatted, the opposite thing happened...everytime I placed a video file on the timeline, only the video was on the timeline, not the audio from that video. PLZ help! I'm desperate to fix this as it is one of my most favoured hobbies. TNX in advance! ^^

Blog Entries

codecs codecs codecs. Search this forum for codecs.
    (Basically you are missing one. Which one we cannot tell as you haven't posted any details about the codec that your video files were encoded with. Once you've figures that out -download GSpot & examine your file- you'll know what codec you need)
    Tim

Okay, Ive downloaded gspot and Ive checked the majority of my videos and they all use some sort of xvid codec, but it says i have them installed...what now?
    Last edited by Razman360; 03-25-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries

As these files worked before either you have a different version of Vegas or a different version of the codec installed (or possibly, you've installed things in a different order). My bet is still with the codec. You're not the only person to have no video even though the codec is installed...

Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas - Video Messages

Sadly the link doesn't provide a solution :(
    Tim

It is deffinatey the same version of vegas...i think, but what order could I install it?

Blog Entries

The order you install different software and windows updates can result in different effects. Ie did you already have the xvid codec installed when you installed Vegas (and did you last time)? I dodn't know - I certainly can't predict the answer but clearly something is different this time around.
    Tim

So, what could I try uninstalling and installing in a different order. thanks for all youve done!