Thread: Stills in an actual movie

Default Stills in an actual movie

Hello.
    This is my first post here, and I was just wondering if there is a way to stick still face images into moving video and have them cover the actual face of the person the in the film.

So if I'm not being clear, I want to stick a photo of my face on an actor and have that face follow the actors movements to make it look like I'm in the movie (but in a funny way).

Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries

If it doesn't have to be perfect then I would suggest using a program like After Effects. In esssence you mark the position of the actors face, creating a motion path, and use that to keep your face on the actor's body. It will look very obvious though.

Another way would involve greenscreen with you wearing a green suite, copying the actor's movements and then applying the face frame by frame. Most editing suites could do this.

Blog Entries

No need for AE, Vegas will cope quite well with this though not quite as easily as using motion tracking.
    Stick your background video on track 2
    Stick your face on track 1
    Open the Pan/Crop window on your face abd check the box at the bottom labelled "mask"
    Now use the Bezier mask tools to draw around your face.
    Move forward a few frames and move the mask
    etc etc.
    It's fairly time consuming and the mask controls take some getting used to, but it can be done.
    I recently used this technique to have 4 versions of my daughter appear in the same video - these were moving images rather than stills so somewhat more complex, but the result was pretty good (projected onto a screen at the back of a hall - it doesn't stand up to being examined on pause on a TV screen!)
    Tim

Thanks alot guys.
    And yeah if it looks really obvious the better, it's meant to be a gag.

Thanks alot.

If you just want to use a still, go into a picture editing program, and colour in everything else apart from your face green. Import that new picture into your editing program, and use chroma key to remove the green, leaving only your face. Stick this in another track from your video.

I have Pinnacle, and the way I would do this is to just keyframe the position of the head on the screen, so that it stays with the head of the person who is in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    If you just want to use a still, go into a picture editing program, and colour in everything else apart from your face green. Import that new picture into your editing program, and use chroma key to remove the green, leaving only your face. .
    It would be easier just to leave an alpha channel and import via .GIF or .PSD

That's a point.
    I only have very primative image editing programs at the moment, and I've managed to do some pretty good stuff. So I suppose, what you can do depends depends on what you have - it's mostly speed. You can pretty much do anything with any software, it's just whether you want to spend time with older software making something look better.

the perfect part of the cinematography as much as i think is smearing.......
    as i used to smear a lot fr which the perfect example can be given as PIRATES OF CARRIBEAN-1.....
    http://www.yourfreemoviedownloads.com

Smear?
    Do you mean smudging? like in a still picture?
    and where is this in POTC?

hi guys! what's up!?