Thread: Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 keeps freezing

Default Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 keeps freezing

Hi, I'm new here. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I looked through the first 5 pages and couldn't find anything.

I installed Sony Vegas a couple of weeks ago and everything was completely fine. It never froze even though my computer was full with files and programs. I just formated (or is it re-formated? lol) my computer a week ago and re-installed the program, it was also working great up until last night. I have 3 minutes of the video done and now every time I try to add a clip the program freezes. I waited a long time for it to unfreeze but it didn't, so I had to restart the program and the same thing happened again and again every time I tried to use the trimmer to copy a clip. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

What is the source medis?

Is it the same clip every time ?

I have 8 different episodes that I'm using and I have a few tiny clips I got from a dvd. But the one that keeps freezing is one of the 8 episodes which I used a couple of clips from already.
    Last edited by JiJi87; 03-21-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Blog Entries

I suspect Mark is right - you'll have to take bits out until you find the offending clip.
    Tim

I've hardly added any new clips since it began freezing. But I opened the program again a couple of hours ago and tried to copy the same clip I wanted, only I copied a few extra seconds before and after the part I needed and for some reason it didn't freeze, so I continued working on the program and added about 5 or 6 more clips and it hasn't frozen yet, so I hope I won't have that problem again.

Thanks guys. But if anyone can give me other possible reasons for the problem I might be able to prevent it from happening again.

Hi... I am new to this forum deal...
    I have Vegas Movie Studio 8. NOT platinum...
    And for some idiot reason it has now started to freeze on me... I had the trail and never had more problems that it kinda froze then got back after a few seconds, now it freeze and shuts down... This problem has only started lately and only got really bad after I bought the product...
    Any good reason this is happening...
    It ain't a special clip... or song... have used different songs too... this is being a BUG inn my behind

Blog Entries

I might have a clue what this is - I find vegas does not like editing big mpeg files ripped from dvd - more than one or 2 big files and things do seem to freeze for up to minutes at a time.

Mybe the same thing. I have never had this happen with DV avi files. Try converting the files.