Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Stuff!!!

Default Free Stuff!!!

Free Stuff I've seen on the Internet recently...

Free WinXP Codecs

Free-Codecs.com : XP Codec Pack 2.3.6 is one of the most completed codec packs
    ==============
    Free-Mp3s.eu

Free-MP3s.eu - Free Songs and Music Downloads For iTunes | Free Downloadable Music

10 Free Downloads
    ==============
    SONY ACID XPress

ACIDplanet.com: Tools: ACID

Can I try ACID software for free?
    Yes. You can download ACID XPress software our free, 10-track version of ACID software. ACID XPress software will give you a taste of what ACID Pro and ACID Music Studio software have to offer. To make the music creation process especially easy, ACID XPress software has built-in Show Me How tutorials that help you step-by-step using interactive wizards and guides.
    ==============
    CineGobs Keyer 1.6.2.74

CineGobs Keyer Download

CineGobs Keyer Publisher's Description

Easy to use chroma keyer, color difference keyer and difference keyer. Mattes can be eroded and blurred. Several spill suppression algorithms. Works with video files, AviSynth files, image sequences or single images.

System Requirements
    Windows PC capable of running .net 2.0.

What's new
    Color difference/detail key on exact color. Render preview. Other minor improvements.
    ==============
    SuperDVD Video Editor

SuperDVD Video Editor--Powerful and freeware to editor your home video.
    ==============
    VirtualDub MPEG2 1.6.19 Build 24586

Free Software Search Page - Freeware Files.com

VirtualDub MPEG2 is a modded version of VirtualDub, that accepts mpeg2 files for processing.
    Note that this version cannot decompress AC-3 audio. If you need AC-3 support, try AC-3 ACM Codec
    ====================
    Audacity 1.2.6 (There is a more up to date Beta version available on the site aswell)

Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.

Audacity: Windows
    ====================
    STOIK Video Converter 2.1

STOIK Capturer

Morph Man Helper

MorphMan 1.1

Photo and Video Software Downloads
    ====================
    AVSDVD Player

AVS Media >> Downloads
    ====================
    Anvil Studio 2006.10.06

Tucows Download - Download Anvil Studio 2006.10.06
    ====================
    Particle Illusion SE (Not Free costs $99)

wondertouch: home of particleIllusion

particleIllusion SE 2.0.4 30-day trial (Windows)

The trial version of particleIllusion SE for Windows is fully-functional for 30 days and has no limitations (no watermarks for instance).
    ====================
    Paint.NET 3.30.2980 Beta 1

Download Image Editors Software - Graphics

Paint.NET is image and photo manipulation software.

License: Freeware
    Size: 1.6 MB

Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful tools.
    ====================
    Wire Pilot Plugin 1.00 Free
    Photo retouching plugin for wire removal and other unwanted linear objects.

Download Wire Pilot Plugin 1.00 Free - Photo retouching plugin for wire removal
    ====================

Blog Entries

Looks good! Thanks!

I decided to put that list up in case anyone who is on a tight budget and wants to get into video making. There's a wide variety of software listed and hopefully it should cover a lot of the bases. You'll find music creation software + free mp3's, an audio editor, a free chromakeyer (I didn't know such a thing existed), a basic dvd video editor, conversion and capture software, a free image editor (with layers, filters and effects) and an interesting plug in for Photoshop that allows you to remove wires and cables from pictures.

If anyone finds other links to either freeware or open source software while looking for these apps, then by all means post them.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 03-24-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: opengl should have read open source.

www.visualise.tv Guest

www.photoshop.com/express Free Adobe Photoshop! Of course, a limited version but still somewhat useful - it's also an online app meaning you can use it without local installation

Handy links, thanks a lot
    Beatsuite.com Royalty Free Music Library and ISDN Recording Studio Newcastle

More free stuff coming along shortly.

More Free Stuff!!! Two of my favourites are Celtx 0.9.9 (freeware scriptwriting/storyboard creation s/ware) and GIMP 2.4.5 (freeware photo retouching s/ware). I've been very impressed with both of these.
    ------------
    Wax - [ Homepage ]

Wax 2.0e is video compositing and special effects software.
    ------------
    Products: VideoDVDMaker,FinalBurner,DVD2AVI Ripper,YouTube2Video

A freeware tool to create DVDs in 3 clicks
    ------------
    Time lapse movies - Instructables - DIY, How To, art, craft

Tutorial on how to make time lapse movies.
    ------------
    Dorgem - Open Source Webcam Capture Application

Dorgem is a webcam capture application for Windows 9x and up. Any Video for Windows compatible webcam (or other digital camera) is supported.

It has unlimited storage events that can put the captured image on an FTP site as well as a local disk, all with their own time interval.

Dorgem supports an unlimited number of simultaneous cameras. It has a built-in webserver for still images and can be used as security camera because of its motion detection.
    ------------
    FREE stock footage of explosions, rocket exhaust and other cool stuff. They even have tutorials on how to use them with your NLE.

Do a search for Detonation Films.
    ------------
    Download Terragen 2 Technology Preview 1.8.64 - Terragen 2 features an advanced hybrid micropolygon renderer with powerful multi-angle displacement capabilities - Softpedia

Terragen 2 Technology Preview 1.8.64

Terragen™ is a scenery generator for Windows and the Mac OS. Terragen is free for personal non-commercial use.
    ------------
    Freeware Home - Free Software Downloads

MonkeyJam 3.0

On the Graphic section on the left panel, click on Animation, Video

Scroll down through the list and locate MonkeyJam 3.0

Click on the download link on the right.

MonkeyJam is a program that lets you get your drawings into the computer and then stick them together so that you can see your animation come to life. In other words, it's an

exposure sheet driven digital pencil test program and a stop motion movie maker. You can capture from DV, video and webcam or import individual images. MonkeyJam allows you to

adjust the timing, composits multiple layers and exports as AVI.
    ------------
    Make a Funny Movie with Pinnacle VideoSpin My Digital Life

Pinnacle Video Spin (149MB)

Video Spin is a free product from Pinnacle.Pinnacle VideoSpin is a video editing tool created particularly to help those who enjoy creating home movies or their digital media

and share them on the web.

VideoSpin is very easy to use. The concept of working is quite similar to Windows Movie Maker.

Users can enjoy the software absolutely free. However, if users want to create or edit MPEG-2, MPEG-4/DivX, or Dolby Digital 2 Channel files, then they must purchase the

advanced Codec Pack from Pinnacle.
    ------------
    Celtx - Reviews and free Celtx downloads at Download.com

Celtx 0.9.9

Freeware scriptwriting/storyboard creation software.
    ------------
    GIMP - Reviews and free GIMP downloads at Download.com

GIMP 2.4.5

Requirements: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista, GTK+ Runtime Environment

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a freely distributed piece of software suitable for photo retouching.
    ------------
    Join VOB Files Tool - Reviews and free Join VOB Files Tool downloads at Download.com

Join VOB Files Tool 1
    ------------
    Free Video Dub - Reviews and free Free Video Dub downloads at Download.com

Free Video Dub 1.2.2.1
    ------------
    blender.org - Home

Blender 2.45

Blender is a freeware 3D modelling application.
    ------------
    Last edited by Nikosony; 04-10-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: ABC VideoRoll doesn't work on Win XP

There's a problem with that ABC VideoRoll, it needs QuickTime version 4 to run (were are you meant to get that?) and it also needs a file called quicktime.qts. Apparently it's on our computers but ABC can't use it properly. So avoid ABC VideoRoll.

Smile Pazera Free FLV to AVI/MPG Converter

I was helping a friend put together a PowerPoint presentation for a persuasion speech she was giving this week in class when she pointed me to a YouTube video she wanted embedded in her presentation and she only wanted a small portion of it (22 seconds of 3 minute video).

First I had to get the video off YouTube... I've tried lots of Firefox extensions to download FLV from a site before so I was skeptical, but low and behold I came across Fast Video Download when I searched for FF extensions, installed it, restarted FF and visited the site. To my surprise... it WORKED!

Then, converting FLV to something I could open and edit. Again, quick Google search yielded lots of results. My first pick was Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter of which I was a little nervous, but it didn't require any installation which I like. WOW... easy and it worked flawlessly. I found it would convert SWF and FLV to AVI or MPG. In fact, had lots of settings to tweak even allowing me to scale the video up from it native YouTube size to something more conducive to a PowerPoint presentation.

And, it's all FREE! I love it. Looked many times for combos of this type. This is the first time I found ones that all worked first search and was so happy with the result.

Kendall Media Group
    Colorado-based new-media production | consultanting
    econoclips.com | eventon.tv

That's a lot of good free stuff! Thanks - I used SuperDVD editor to put together a short presentation for work the other day and it went really well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast