Thread: I need your help

Default I need your help

Hello im almost a complete noob to video editing so i need some help for my project in school:

I want(have to) do a "documentary" about our class. I would want to start it with a class foto (which has names underneath everyone) and then zoom to ones face and make it slide to the left and then down.

tell me what programmes i need and some advice how to do that

If you have a photo available of your class then scan that into a computer or if you have a digital camera then take a picture of the class and put it on your hard disk. Even if you only have access to Paint, then you can add the names of everyone in Paint using the text tool, but a better program would be something like Photoshop. Most video editing programs will allow you to insert the picture and allow you to zoom into part of it and then allow you to move it around the screen by animating it's position. Before you make your video of your class make sure you use a tripod as it will make your video more steady and professional looking.

thanks
    i knew the first bit(have done a lot of s**t with photoshop), but would you recommend some software for video editing please

Windows Movie Maker 2, Adobe Premiere Elements 3 or Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere Pro 2 or CS3. Look for more information about these products here on the forum as they range from easy to difficult. You already have WMM2 on your computer and you can download 30 day trials of all the other software and see which one you like best.

Hi iv tested out all of em and i think the premier is best for me. would you recommend a tutorial or something for my purpose in mind