Thread: TITLES 16:9 on ULEAD STUDIO PRO 8

Default TITLES 16:9 on ULEAD STUDIO PRO 8

Hi there, I'm new and glad I've found this place!

I need to change the aspect ratio for the titles in Media Studio Pro 8 to 16:9 (its currently 4:3 by default and I don;t know how I can change this).

I've been using this software and think its excellent value, but I'm tired of having to do all my captions with fireworks so they're the right aspect ratio!

Hope you can help!

Cheers, Jonathan.

I have to confess to being slightly confused by your question. If you're using the in-built title generator in MSP8, then the aspect ratio of the titles is going to match the aspect ratio of your project. If you're project is set 4:3, then the titles will be 4:3.

Check your project settings.

Hi thanks for the reply.

I only work in 16:9 but despite changing all defaults and project settings to this, the titles box in the top right corner still displays 4:3, and all titles end up stretched so I have to then alter the aspect ratio with a video effect.

Where does it display stretched? In the preview window?

What do you mean by the "titles box"? Isn't the title a separate clip on an overlay track?

I'll explain the process I encounter step by step...

I have footage in 16:9, and all settings are 16:9.

I 'create title' and the 16:9 footage appears in the titles display window / 'box' where you type the text, but the footage is now converted to 4:3, with only an option to add text in the 4:3 ratio.

Once the text is complete and OK'd, it now makes the text fit the 16:9 screen, hence 'stretched'.

I then have to use a video effect to convert the width of the text clip to be shorter so it appears correct.

Most often I use Fireworks anyway for better graphics, but its just frustrating not being able to get it to work properly.

Ok, so quick recap.

Preview window shows footage correctly in 16:9 on playback, yes? However, Insert->Insert Title Clip or right-click on timeline + Title Clip opens the title editor and the exact same footage that plays back in 16:9 is now showing as 4:3 - in other words the title editor window is also 4:3 rather than Widescreen?

Preview window shows footage correctly in 16:9 on playback, yes? Yes.

However, Insert->Insert Title Clip or right-click on timeline + Title Clip opens the title editor and the exact same footage that plays back in 16:9 is now showing as 4:3 - in other words the title editor window is also 4:3 rather than Widescreen? Yes.

Well I've managed to recreate the problem by creating a project as 4:3 and then changing it to 16:9. Preview switches ok but the title editor seems to keep the original project settings and nothing I do changes it.

Sorry but at the moment I can only suggest recreating the project file and ensuring a 16:9 template is chosen to begin with ....