Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems Using Premiere

Default Problems Using Premiere

Okay, I am a bit outdated on my Premiere version... I am using 1.5 right now. I am having some videos that need edited, but they are in FLV format. Does Pro CS3 edit FLV?

Another problem I am having is that when I record stuff it records in either MPG, or MOD. I can not import these into Premiere, so I tried converting them to AVI but then it screws the audio up. Will CS3 fix this problem as well?

Yet another problem is that I tried downloading the Trial of CS3; about 1/2 way through my computer bit it and shut down on me. It screwed something up and now I can not download the trial... any ideas on how to get it to download correctly?

Thanks a lot in advance.

No premire cs3 wont let you import flv's.. your have to convert them using after effects or another converter.. but i cant see why you would edit with flv files, the quility must be quite poor?

in what way does the audio mess up when exporting as avi, do you get any sound at all?

why cant you download the trail? more info?

Convert the FLV files to DV-AVI using Super (free program). I don't even think FLVs existed when v1.5 came out.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering about the FLVs b/c that is just the format these vids are in that I need to edit. I tried converting them to AVI, and they play fine; but when I import them to Premiere they don't have any audio.

As far as downloading the trial goes... I have no idea why it won't work. It is very frustrating b/c it was downloading, then my computer messed up, and now it won't download it at all... it just does absolutely nothing when I try. I don't know if they only allow you to download it once and they logged me or whatever so now it won't let me download it; who knows.

You need to convert them to DV-AVI, not just any AVI file/codec will do.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Thanks a lot! I will see if my converter can convert to that.

You really need to convert using Super, it is known to work well and creates DV-AVI files from FLV for Premiere. Many Premiere Pro and Elements users use Super to convert FLV for editing, I don't know of any other programs that will work as well.

Thanks for that info too. I will go download it right now.

Do you know if there is a free program for editing video that actually works well. I am just not sure about dropping all that money for a copy of Premiere CS3.

Premiere Elements does 90% of what CS3 does, I use it for most of my work. There isn't a better editing program anywhere for under $100. We have a great support team at muvipix.com to help with any problems. Just remember, either Premiere Pro or Elements prefer MiniDV Tape and do not like DVD or HDD camcorders at all. They are both geared toward professional cameras that record to MiniDV or DV Tape.

Premiere Elements can do just about anything that you might think of, unlimited audio and video tracks, tons of effects and transitions, DVD Authoring, and a whole lot more. It does not have multiple sequences like Pro and a few other things but for the most part will accomplish any goal. There might be a workaround or the need to export and import from one project to another, but for the price you can't go wrong.

Sony Vegas would be my next suggested program, you might want to download the demos for both and see which one might be best for you.

Okay, when I convert to AVI using Super it still has no audio in Premiere. It plays fine on a video player, but when I import it to Premiere it has no audio with it.

Here are my settings on Super: "Output container is set to AVI" "Output Video Codec is set to Digital Video" and "Audio Output Codec is set to mp3"

Are these correct settings to give me the DV-AVI that I need in order to edit in Premiere?

Also, I downloaded the trial for Sony Vegas. I like it fine, but I would rather work in Premiere since I am used to it. I may have to end up using Vegas though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast