Thread: Cannon xm2 problem

Default Cannon xm2 problem

Hi
    I have a cannon xm2 video camcorder that was having a few sound probs. Took it to get repaired, which was a hassle as there is no one even remotely near me that does this. It works fine now but the repairers have left a little speck of fluff on the inside of the lens.
    I have tried searching for a camera spec to see how its put together (and comes apart) but didnt have any luck. Is this is relatively simple job to fix myself or should i go through all the hassle of hiking back to the repairers and probally waiting a week to get it back?

Blog Entries

Without a doubt, I would get the company to fix what they broke.

I agree and normally i wouldnt hestitate to take it back but it costs a small fortune to get to them and then the wait for them to do such a small job will actually cost me money in lost film time. Not to mention the time and cost to go and retrieve it when they have finally done it.
    This is why i was really hoping there was an easy way to open the lens and just clean the fluff myself.

Blog Entries

In honesty, I would initially be of the same opinion: I'd want it fixed now and would investigate fixing it myself (after all, how hard can it be!).

But the company if the repair company are responsible for the 'fault' (we'll call it a fault for the sake of argument), then surely they would be happy to fix it free of charge - and that includes re-embursing your travel expenses. After all, if you do take it to pieces, it'll probably cost you a LOT more to get it all put together again. No doubt someone will post a reply taht you can easily do this yourself... but I for one don't recommend opening up a sealed unit (I believe the XM2 has a fixed lens).