Thread: SOny vegas help

Default SOny vegas help

Greetings guys, i recently made a cute little video for my girl friend using Sony Vegas and was hoping to save it to a CD and give it to her as a gift. But it wont open in my windows media player to play the video. Which means she wouldn't be able to watch it either. Does anyone have any websites or programs to maybe find a codec so that she would be able to watch it in windows media player or a converter i can find to change it from .veg to something windows media player knows. Please any help? If you need any other information just ask.

Blog Entries

A veg file is nothing more than a detailed list of instructions recognised by Vegas (eg at 10secs, play sunch and such a clip starting at 1:30 for 4 secs with such-and-such a filter) This is why a veg smile is so very small when compared to video files.

What you need to do is to make a file in a format that (in your case) windows media player will play. This process is called "rendering"

Look under "File" "Render As" and choose a file type. I'd suggest either wmv or avi if being played on a computer (avi results in a larger file and is less compresses).

BTW Rendering can take a long time depending on a number of factors - often MANY times longer than if it were plaing in real time (ie a 15 min clip might take a couple of hours to render) so don't expect immediate results.

Hope this helps
    Tim