Thread: Aver EzMaker Problems

Default Aver EzMaker Problems

Hi Folks...........just got an Aver EzMaker (MovieFactory 2SE Comes With It) so i can put my old vhs tapes onto dvd and leave some on my laptop. When i first tried it, it worked and i made a dvd out of a vhs tape, but since that one time, it just keeps coming up with an error when i try to capture video. ive been on Aver And Ulead sites and ive emailed them both but none have replied, i checked a forum on the ulead site and it seems that people have the same problem and most just give up because they never got replies as well.. the error im getting is - cannot start the capture graph. capture failed. the created file is corrupt and unusable, it will be automatically deleted (13011:1:2)
    Im using an Advent laptop 3.06ghz with HT, 512DDR, 60g HD, GeforceFX Go 5300 running WinXP Home.
    ive tried Stoik Capture and it works and captures but seeing as its a free program theres not much you can do with this and the capture is basic.
    Any help would be great.

Blog Entries

It sound like another app may be using the capture drivers (I even had an issue once with Vegas Video where Vegas Video itself was using the capture drivers and said they weren't available... because Vegas Video was using 'em! Go figure). Anyway, time for a ctrl-alt-dlt and kill all those background apps.

Also, make sure you've done the usual - uninstall, reboot, remove registry entries, install, download all the patches and updates, reboot, ctrl-alt-dlt, shutdown all apps, try to capture

Well, i uninstalled, rebooted, made sure everything was gone, installed the hardware, installed moviefactory, rebooted, stopped all apps running, even uninstalled ones which i thought could cause the problems, clicked on capture and......... cannot start the capture graph.... so im still having the same problem.. any more things i could try?