Thread: Encoded audio as AC3, but DVD architect still wants to compress...

1. Default Encoded audio as AC3, but DVD architect still wants to compress...

Hi all,

I've got Sony MS 8 and DVD Architect 4.5, and I've put together a project which I want to burn as a DVD.

Taking advantage of the new feature in MS 8 of rendering the audio and visual tracks seperately, I rendered the visual track as a MPG2 DVD Architect Pal video track, and the audio track as an AC-3. I didn't want DVD Architect to recompress the audio, as it's always had to do this before when I just rendered one MPG2 with both visual and audio streams, as I'm trying to preserve the audio as much as possible as it's a documentary piece with lots of voiceover.

However, when I go to put the DVD together in Architect, I bring the rendered MPG2 video stream and the rendered AC3 audio stream together no problem, but when I go to create the DVD, I get told that the audio will be recompressed as it's not in the right format - it then says it should be in PCM or AC3... but IT IS IN AC3 ALREADY!!!

Confused and after some advice. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboyslim View Post
    . . as it's not in the right format -
    Does it actually say that? - G

3. Default

It says "the audio on track 1 of DVD will be compressed", and then if I go into optimize it says under the audio tab " Recompress required - reasons for recompress "Media is not a DVD-compliant PCM or AC-3 File"

Which is strange as I've used MS to render the audio precisely as that, I've also tried rendering the file as a PCM wav file, and it says exactly the same thing. The audio is encoded at 48,000 and Best settings in Vegas, I tried lowering the bitrate to see what happened but I got exactly the same message.

It's telling me that it needs to compress to a file it likes, but it's already in that format..!!! GRRRR

Intersting . . hmmm...

1] Do a G-Spot to get to know what the file is.

2] I took time out to read the info. And yes "AC-3" encoding IS on the site, but I can;t see it under "what's new" on the new product.

Tell me, as I don't have MS 8 ( do you have Platinum?), what does it say when you go to render to AC-3? There is a later 8c too? Nothing earth shattering in it. But I thought you should know.

Have you properly registered the product with SONY?

Grazie

5. Default

Oh my goodness,

I'm such a fool - it wasn't telling me the AC3/PCM audio file for the DVD needed to recompressed, it was telling it me it was going to compress the music on the avi file which formed the menu screen for the DVD... At least I've solved the problem!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboyslim View Post
    ...I'm such a fool....!
    Not really.... we all get caught out by daft little thigs like that at some time or another!

Ah! It would appear you must just have repeat, retraced your steps and re-read the re-compression info? Yes? So the message you got was providing all the info you needed.

I'm glad I asked you what it was saying. Maybe that got you focused on the warning. Yeah, I can fly past this stuff too.

Grazie