Thread: Examples of good quality full wedding videos?

Default Examples of good quality full wedding videos?

As the date for my first wedding video approaches I am starting to get a little anxious about my inexperience. To try and compensate for this, I want to be as prepared as possible. So I have been looking for some examples of full wedding videos so that I can learn and be inspired. These are hard to come by on the internet it seems...

I asked a few local companies but they threatened to sue me as they were convinced that I was going to try and pass their work off as my own! This is obiously not the case and I will continue to tell any prospective clients that I have nothing to show them until I have shot my 1st wedding. Although this honest policy seems to be serving me quite well as I tokk my 1sr full price booking this week!

So basically I'm looking for anyone who can point me in the direction of some complete wedding videos so that I can look through and make a few notes and if anyone would be willing to send me a DVD (no need to sue me, honest!) then I would pay any postage charges and be eternally grateful.

Thanks for reading

Blog Entries

PM sent Shane

Me also. Please.

Blog Entries

My advice would be to create your own style rather than attempt to mirror that of other professionals. That said, and if you do find yourself wanting to find inspiration, there are a few ways to find it.

The first is to actually work with fellow professionals. This gives a far greater exposure to the process than 'watching'. 'Learning by doing' as they say. We all gain inspiration from others, and I've watched a fair few films over the years - but it's not until you 'do' that you learn.

The second is to join an association. Have you looked at the APV or IOV? Both would provide you with a body of professionals to bounce ideas off. Digital Video Editing Guides: Digital Director - videography - Strength in numbers: Joining an Association for Videographers

Im really need a sample for my new wedding video company too, ill apreciatte some help.

Hi All

Long time reader and first time poster from Perth, Western Australia.

I agree somewhat with the previous comments and develop your own style BUT remember that you are trying to please a bridal couple and not your mates so make your production something the bride will want!!

I shoot most of the wedding in traditional documentary style so little is missed and try to get a little creative only when I get a chance like in the photoshoot. It's hopeless doing a stedicam walkaround the venue and find out you have missed the vows ceremony so make sure the really important bits are captured accurately!!!

I personally don't try to "copy" people but just capture the special day so the bride is the one who will be impressed, happy and therefore pay you and tell all her friends.

You are welcome to take a quick look at my online samples below if you think it will help but really there is nothing better than experience. If you are new, go shoot a couple of weddings for free first and see where you can improve your skills.

Sample Wedding Video Clips

Chris

Hi

Good coverage but I would say that you are trying to copy the "cinematic" style people. In my opinion there are way too many ultra short shots which all cut to black which makes viewing pretty jumpy!! Also when the bridal party are walking down the aisle you have jump edits all over there!! If you don't have any continuous footage from a main camera for the wedding party entrance then rather use a crossfade so the transition is not so abrupt and the person's position jumps in the frame!! What you can also do to avoid the jump edits is to lay down footage from your main camera that is probably fixed on the groom and best man and then add the bridal party arrival as cutaways.

Nice job though and it seems that you put in a lot of hard work!!!

Chris

Here is an extract from one of our weddings if it helps!

Wakako & Chong - Wedding Day Extracts. | Wedding Video

Cheers.

GDR.

THIS sample shows the highlights only of the event... It also have a full editing wedding coverage... btw tnx for the comment... I learned knew things..