Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What licenses for published music please?

  1. #1

    Default What licenses for published music please?

    Dear all, I am intending to edit a friend's home movie for him and want to use some published music in this. It is for his private use. Officially what licenses would I need to obtain please?
    I have been researching this and there appears to be a catch all MCPS license but on an earlier forum someone also mentioned a PPL license. But would that only be required if I had filmed the event in question and captured some published music being played by say a DJ?

    Thank you for your help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Blog Entries


    Although geared at wedding videographers, this will give you a good idea: Wedding Video Licences

    If you just select the music to be added after the eent, the cost is 24.99 .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Blog Entries


    The Institute of Videographers IOV | Institute of Videography have a licencing system which will help you out.

Similar Threads

  1. Take away the music!
    By Spidey01 in forum Sound Recording and Audio Editing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 03:46 PM
  2. Licenses
    By Kyle Forrester in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 03:03 PM
  3. Licenses
    By Joope in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 09:38 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
  5. L A W & Music
    By OneWayMetal in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 10:54 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts