Thread: Video Noise and shaking video

Default Video Noise and shaking video

Hi,

I Have a video which was recorded on Sony Handycam. The video is shaking an due to hand shivering video is worst, bad in quality and also too much motion so we cant keep eye on it. what should i do to clear the noise from video and if possible how to reduce the shakes and jumps?

Blog Entries

Depends how bad. You indicate it is very bad so there may not be a solution. Except buying a tripod.

Are you using Vegas? You could try the Deshaker solution . This uses a Vegas script to dump out uncompressed (by default) video from selected events to VirtualDub + Deshaker and then brings the "deshaken" video back in to the timeline as a take. I've had fantastic results with it. Other NLEs often have a stabilizer plugin available out of the box.

Andy Lockwood, I think video is solutionable. It looks bad due to unwanted grain and noise. and shaking movements. Andy E, I wil definitely give it a try but what about Noise and grains. I Got Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video seems good but not enough, I Use Sony Vegas 7

Are you saying that you've already tried Neat Video and it didn't help enough?

There are a few noise reduction filters out there for VirtualDub. You could try rendering out the problem video uncompressed from Vegas and running it through those (at least that'll cost you nothing extra but time).

Mike Crash (Mike Crash Homepage - click on Vegas filters on the left) has done a port of one of them (DNR) to a Vegas plugin. I've not used it but again it's free, so give it a shot.

I'm not aware of any other commercial noise reduction plugins for Vegas. Perhaps someone else can weigh in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by videofreak View Post
    ...I think video is solutionable....
    I'd like to see the results.... I've never found a solution that really lives up to it's claims. Make sure you post a before and after won't you?

Have to agree with the above. It's not always "solutionable", whether it's noise, shaking, exposure problems or colour correction or anything else. What ain't there can't be retrieved. There's no perfect video sitting somewhere in your footage. All you can do is ameliorate the mistakes to some degree. The ultimate solution is to shoot it properly in the first place.