Thread: DVDA 4.5 won't burn?

Default DVDA 4.5 won't burn?

Has anyone else encountered this? When I installed DVDA 4.5 pro it wouldn't burn a disc, no problems I thought I'll download the latest update and hey presto it worked. For one DVD, every one I've tried since gives me the error has occured and crashes in exactly the same way as before. Any ideas?

It's not clear from your post exactly when and how these crashes are happening i.e. what your workflow is and what the error message is.

If it's failing on an actual burn, can you burn to an ISO image? If so, use a 3rd party app to create the actual DVD from the image. I've used several DVD authoring packages and I *never* use them to actually create a DVD - I always create an image or a DVD folder on the hard drive first and then use something else to do the actual burn. ImgBurn (from The Official ImgBurn Website) is good - 6 months+ usage now and not a single coaster. And it's free.

Burning is pretty common thing these days.

Is your burning drive a Sony? Sony drives (according to Sony) have problems if PC also has any version of Roxio installed and maybe other programs. Apparently, their drives are partial to Nero.

Can you test the burner attempting to create another disk with another program?

Are you using the application to render and burn edited files for a dvd of your own creation?

Have you tried uninstalling the program and doing a complete re-install?

If the drive successfully burned a disc and then began failing you may have either a physical failure of the drive or a registry or other conflict with other editing software and the Sony application.

Thanks gents, much appreciated. Have just tired again with a couple of dvd's and now everything is working fine, so it's most likely that I was doing something wrong. I'll try to figure it out.

So whats the best practice with dvd authoring? I'm editing in HD using vegas but burning sd DVD's ( that means I've got an exact copy in HD for later use). What I've done so far looks pretty good but I'm all ears to any tips

Your SD DVD will always be SD, you need to keep the master files and the project file, so when Blu-Ray is available you still have all media to burn HD

Yep that's exactly what I'm doing Can anyone tell me the difference between Pal widescreen and Pal IMX widescreen?