Thread: Help needed, 1080i not compatible with NEC monitor.

Default Help needed, 1080i not compatible with NEC monitor.

I have been searching for the answer to this for ages now, but I'm just confused.

Ok, the story is this... I have a Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4gb, etc and use it for photo editing (I'm a photographer) and video editing (but still learning). I have recently been looking to get another display for my mac to make the process that much easier.

The monitor I want to get is the NEC LCD2690WUXi , seems the perfect beast for photo editing, but I am not sure about video editing.

Now the problem is, thats if it is a problem, I'm not sure....butttt. NEC say this monitor is NOT compatible with 1080i or 720i via the digital HDCP input DVI D (I guess). My confusion lies in the fact that I'm not sure if the images once download onto my mac (via the apple codec) will it display on the monitor? Apparently the computer will display a progressive image and so therefore I will see the footage dispalyed on the NEC monitor?

However, if I try to connect the camcorder, which is 1080i directly into the monitor via DVI then it will NOT display as the monitor doesnt support 1080i, is this correct?

Any help to clarify this for me would be MUCH appreciated.

If your MBP has the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT gfx card it should play it through just fine. If you have one of the older MBPs (before June 07) you might have an issue as they don't support HDCP.

I see no reason for it not to work through the MBP, but then I'm no expert on NEC screens.

The MBP does export a progressive image, so worst case scenario would be that you may need to de-interlace your video files, but that shouldn't be the case, and if it is, it's an easy thing to do anyway.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Just for mosh - it would be of no concern on PC....