Thread: New cheap YouTube Video Cameras

Thumbs down New cheap YouTube Video Cameras

IMHO they will just cause a lot of real worthless videos to flood the already many worthless cell phone videos people post now.
    I noticed them at a local BestBuy one sells for $99 uses AA batteries another $149 with a Li-Ion rechargable battery both use memory cards for storing the videos.

Blog Entries

Good point, but I am ever the optimist... maybe some people will get the bug and make cool stuff?

Also some of these cheap card camcorders are getting quite good and cheap indestructable almost disposable cameras creates lots of filming oppertunities.

I have a film in my big book of ideas that needs lots of hidden cameras, looks like a cheap soloution for such japes.

Thumbs up Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Good point, but I am ever the optimist... maybe some people will get the bug and make cool stuff?

Also some of these cheap card camcorders are getting quite good and cheap indestructable almost disposable cameras creates lots of filming oppertunities.

I have a film in my big book of ideas that needs lots of hidden cameras, looks like a cheap soloution for such japes.
    ===
    Good point I am hoping it will open up many great ideas to be put to videos. I wish these lower cost cameras had been around a few years ago it would have moved me into video sooner.
    I am really just now getting into video after many years of just using film then digital for my still photo work

I'm reeeeeally hating mobile/cell phone videos that go up on youtube, it's almost completely pointless they exist because you can't even watch it or now what's happening. It's like asking a drunk what he did the night before. Sure he could tell you, but would you actually know what he says or make sense of it?
    Beatsuite.com Royalty Free Music Library and ISDN Recording Studio Newcastle

I have to say, that I think the boom in cheap cameras is a good thing, its making current events recordable by more people then ever before, and encourages people to be more creative with their filmmaking.
    I do however, also hate the bad quality cameraphone footage that gets uploaded to youtube, its a disgrace when these things get uploaded alongside carefully crafted pieces