Thread: HELP HELP HELP;how to remove rain drop from frames

Question HELP HELP HELP;how to remove rain drop from frames

Hiya,
    Can someone please help, i have just had my wedding dvd back from the videographer and its a mess, during the recording a fat rain drop splattered on the lens and this is shown in the clip at a key moment when the bride enters her new home.

the videographer was selected on his work which we saw, but has failed to deliver that to us. he has also missed out key moments of the wedding? what can i do?

In terms of tips or techniques what can we do he is using adobe software.

really upset and distressed by the experience

Blog Entries

Hi.

Well, as far as the raindrop goes... you could be in trouble. Depends on how bad it is of course, but sadly thats one thing the videographer probably couldn't have done a great deal about. Trying to fix the distortion caused by the droplet would be a difficult job.

As for missing key moments - you really are stuffed with that. If he didn't film it, you can't see it of course. Is he a member of a professional body etc? or just a keen amateur?

Can you post a picture of the water droplet so we can take a look?

Unhappy rain drop

hiya,

the rain drop is very obvious as it follows around and reflects and picks up the colors on the screen, it looks like a blob, cnt be missed, its very evident. are there any suggestions? is there anything he could do? with the frames?

am a novice to videography, but have a fair idea of it.

i do not have a copy now but could try to get hold of it as he will deliver the dvd next week..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rac View Post
    ...the rain drop is very obvious as it follows around and reflects and picks up the colors on the screen, it looks like a blob, cnt be missed, its very evident. are there any suggestions? is there anything he could do? with the frames?......
    If it's that bad I doubt there'll be much that can be done.

It amazes me he didn't spot it in his viewfinder though.... how long is it on screen?

key moment when the bride enters her new home.
    I don't understand this as a key moment. Can you explain!!!!

Not much you can do about raindrops I am afraid, as already stated.

What other KEY moments did he miss.

Was he an amateur, aspiring pro, or pro belonging to a professional body.

Did you pay 1000 + for his services

If you can answer these questions maybe someone could help more as to what you can/cannot do.

You can pm me the answers if you like!

Cheers.

GDR

Blog Entries

I would say that if he touted himself as a rpo and charged the going rate, and if he really has screwed up then DONT PAY! But not for the rain drop - shit happens...

You say you've got your wedding video back on dvd and a number of key moments are missing, are they missing only on the finished dvd or does he still have them on the original recordings? Were abouts on the screen is the blob of rain? If it is slap bang in the centre then there isn't a lot you can do about it but if it is near the top, or left or right sides or the bottom, you might be able to mask it using a vignette mask, or cover it with other video clips resized to fit over it, just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 03-11-2008 at 06:11 PM.

8. Default

What "key moments" did he miss out?

If the only thing which went wrong is a rain spot on the lens for one shot (where the bride enters her new home) then, IMHO, you don't have a lot to complain about. These things happen and if he'd stopped filming or wiped the lens in the middle of the shot it would probably have looked even worse!

No offence RAC, but you have asked for peoples help, and we are trying to help, but you are not responding.

This speaks volumes to me!!!

GDR

If its that bad fixing frame by frame in photoshop would take to long and not very practical. If its close to the edge you could crop or put a border around it ect. Can you get the tapes so you can see what he has, raw data would be best.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction